Winds of Betrayal Books 1 & 2: The Cry For…

Winds of Betrayal Books 1 & 2: The Cry For Freedom and Embrace of Enemy (edition 2014)

by Jerri Hines

Series: Winds of Betrayal (1 & 2)

302631,532 (2)None
Member:Shadowdog513
Title:Winds of Betrayal Books 1 & 2: The Cry For Freedom and Embrace of Enemy
Authors:Jerri Hines
Info:Publisher Unknown (2014), Kindle Edition, 434 pages
Tags:to-read

Winds of Betrayal Books 1 & 2: The Cry For Freedom and Embrace of Enemy by Jerri Hines

ok

I was excited to read this and found it to be a little confusing. I wasn’t sure what was happening all the time. Could have been better. ( )
  EdenSteffey | Mar 14, 2018 |
I think from a historical perspective, it's a fascinating book. It flows very well. (I was somewhat concerned that the dialogue might be a bit too boring, but it wasn't.) Hannah is a very determined woman. Stubborn in her own right, but has a fiery passion for the Patriot cause. When members of her family are attacked and killed, she sets out to find out who's behind it so she can plot her revenge. While I don't agree with everything she did in the book, I admire her courage and strength to see things through.

Jonathan strikes me as a man who loves his family, but has been dealt an unfair hand. A wife who betrayed him. A sister that he knows is in danger. A son he's barely seen. And he's a doctor attending to wounded and dying soldiers while trying to make sense of it all. It's an exhausting situation, mentally as well as physically. Like Hannah, I believe he tries to find some quiet strength to keep him going, but it's difficult.

While reading this book, I couldn't help but think that both figures must have felt entirely alone too much in their respective situations. A doctor dealing with all the demands of war and a spy trying to help the cause without putting too many lives, including her own, in danger.

Note: There is some sex, but I'm happy to say that the author doesn't saturate every page with sexual scenes or references because it would distract us from the historical events that unfolded during the war.
  caslater83 | Nov 12, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,204,254 books! | Top bar: Always visible