In Plain Sight (Sisterhood) by Fern Michaels

In Plain Sight (Sisterhood) (edition 2015)

by Fern Michaels (Author)

Series: The Sisterhood (25)

For years Myra Rutledge and Annie de Silva, founding members of the Sisterhood, have funded an underground network run by former Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes to help women escape abusive relationships. When two of Pearl's clients fail to report for their weekly check-in, the Sisterhood and their allies begin a search for French model Amalie Laurent and her one-time maid, Rosalee Muno. Amalie's estranged husband, Lincoln Moss, is a distant cousin of the President of the United States and one of his closest advisers. Moss's power is matched by the violent streak he hides from the world, and he beat Amalie viciously until she finally escaped with her maid's help. Moss is accustomed to doing exactly what he wants without fear of consequence. But Moss has never faced an adversary like the Sisterhood.… (more)
Member:STITCHERV
Title:In Plain Sight (Sisterhood)
Authors:Fern Michaels (Author)
Info:Kensington Publishing Corporation (2015), 264 pages

In Plain Sight by Fern Michaels

In this Sisterhood story, pretty much the whole gang puts in an appearance. When 2 of Pearl's women from the underground railroad do not check in on time, someone goes to their house to check and see if they are okay. When they are not found, the Vigilantes and their partners set out to find the women and punish the one who put them in danger as well as the husband who brutalized his wife. A quick read that is purely for enjoyment. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The Sisterhood Series is my favorite!! ( )
  SharonBray | Feb 9, 2016 |
I understand this is a series of books; I won't read another. It was just too unbelievable for this practical reader. ( )
  csobolak | Dec 15, 2015 |
This is another excellent book in the Sisterhood series until the reader gets to the end which definitely leaves one wondering. It's always interesting to see what kind of a plan these gals are going to come up with and then how they execute the plan. I am most anxious to read the next book in the series to see what the Sisterhood members come up with next. ( )
  CandyH | Jul 8, 2015 |
This is another book in the Sisterhood series. The “Vigilantes”, as they are known, go after a violent, successful billionaire, who has strong ties to the sitting President, abuses his wife, and is an all-around nasty guy. This book was a bit better than many of the others in the series, in my opinion. The story is about as outlandish and unrealistic. The way the vigilantes move around in high level circles always astonishes me as well as the way high level government officials jump whenever they call. That they managed to accomplish what they do is likewise hard to believe. However, through it all, they continue to fight for “truth, justice and the American way”, while feeding the readers’ wildest fantasies about righting wrongs. I think the success of this series is due to just that. The group function as a modern day version of every readers’ fondest wish, to find injustices that evoke a heartfelt response, devise a plan (sometimes not so realistic, but nevertheless one that they manage to pull off), and go about righting the injustice, while meting out some sort of terrible punishment for the perpetrator. The main characters are strong women. In recent books, their ever present partners/spouses have become a bigger part of it all, though they still remain in the shadows of these women, except for Charles, a sort of behind-the-scenes operative brain of the group, and the ever faithful computer whiz Abner.

This time they go after Lincoln Moss, a billionaire who has tons of power both in business and in Washington circles, who has abused his model wife for years until said wife and her ever present maid cum confident escape to live in a sort of underground woman’s refuge movement resembling the well-known witness protection program, run by a close friend and ally of the Sisterhood. This is a book the reader can read as a stand-alone, without having read the other books in the series, but it helps to have read them, as little or no back story is given for the characters. For me, this was an easier book to read as there was not so much unrealistic stuff, and still plenty of action, excitement and suspense. The characters were true to form, based on what I know from the other books in the series. There was not much character development, as the author assumes the reader is familiar with each. This is where having read others in the series would help understand their interactions, dynamics and such. Still, even without all this background, the book still reads quite well. The book’s plot is more realistic than some of the plots in the other books. The ideas and actions of the Sisterhood are also more believable than some. Recently, Charles has not been part of the series, having mysteriously disappeared couple of books back. Now, he has returned, and, I think, this helps the book read better. This plot is also interesting and relevant to today. The way the Sisterhood worked through it all, to achieve their ends was, as I said, a bit more realistic, though even this book had its moments of disbelief.

If you are a hard-core Sisterhood fan or if you are looking for a good escape beach read this summer or for something a bit different, I recommend this book. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did. It will also feed any fantasy urges abut righting wrongs that you may have. I received this from NetGalley to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Jun 8, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,219,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible