Death, Taxes, and Cheap Sunglasses by Diane…

Death, Taxes, and Cheap Sunglasses (2015)

by Diane Kelly

I read another book in this series and liked it. I have to admit that the book titles are fun to say. What I do like about this series is the fun, cozy mystery feel I get from these books. What I mean by this is that you can read these books without really expecting many twists, entertaining characters, some laughs, and a happy ending. Which is what you will get with this book. However this time I just was not feeling the storyline thus I was only half intrigued by the book. The only thing that kind of made it for me was the funny antics of Tara and Nick. Yet after a while even I grew tried of this to the point that I got half way into the book and put it down. I finally came back to it only to find myself skimming and even jumped ahead the last half of the book. ( )
  Cherylk | Mar 12, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 125004832X, Mass Market Paperback)

SHE LOVES HER WORK—CASE CLOSED.

Tara’s career comes with a lot of pros and cons—which is a nice way of saying that she’s kick-a$$ in her fight against professional con-artists. And she’s tough enough to deal with all the money-launderers, tax-evaders, and other such criminals who cross her path…Until her own boyfriend, Nick, joins their leagues. Now all bets are off.

Nick is about to go deep undercover—and the stakes are higher than Tara could have ever imagined. It’s all part of a joint task force with the DEA to bring down a powerful, violent drug cartel. It’s going to take more than a pair of dime store shades for Tara to bring their dark deeds to light. Can she help Nick without blowing his cover…and ending up in harm’s way herself?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:28 -0400)

"IRS Special Agent Tara Holloway can calculate tax penalties to the penny. But seeing the world of white-collar crime through rose-colored glasses? Priceless. Tara's career comes with a lot of pros and cons--which is a nice way of saying that she's kick-a$$ in her fight against professional con-artists. And she's tough enough to deal with all the money-launderers, tax-evaders, and other such criminals who cross her path...Until her own boyfriend, Nick, joins their leagues. Now all bets are off. Nick is about to go deep undercover--and the stakes are higher than Tara could have ever imagined. It's all part of a joint task force with the DEA to bring down a powerful, violent drug cartel. It's going to take more than a pair of dime store shades for Tara to bring their dark deeds to light. Can she help Nick without blowing his cover...and ending up in harm's way herself?" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,740,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible