Saga Volume 4

by Brian K. Vaughan (Writer), Fiona Staples (Artist)

Series: Saga (collects 19-24)

"Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. As they visit a strange new world and encounter even more adversaries, baby Hazel finally becomes a toddler, while her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana struggle to stay on their feet"--Back cover.

English (84)  Danish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (86)
So I guess it’s like that huh ( )
  nrfaris | Dec 23, 2021 |
Epic space battle through the eyes of an infant girl with parents struggling to live. I bought the first volume of Saga in New York City. I was on summer vacation there and saw it in a bookstore. I saw this series everywhere on the internet. I was a bit reluctant to start it because I had never read a graphic novel.

In the fourth volume of Saga, we get a much closer look at the family that brought up Hazel. We follow Alana and Marko struggling to make ends meet which forces Alana into working as an actor on television. The actors are wearing masks so they can’t be recognized. While working this mind killing job, Alana finds out half of her colleagues are using a drug called “fadeaway”. Trying to deal with the problems that are surrounding her Alana experiments with the drug. Marko deals with the problems a little differently. He tries his best to make Hazel’s childhood as enjoyable as possible. He puts on a disguise and takes her to a playground era. Here he meets a single mother. The two of them bond over their partners and trying to raise children. On the other side of the galaxy we see something happen to Prince IV’s wife and her staff.

So the fourth volume of the Saga graphic novels. What a treat these comics are. I loved every pages of all the volumes I read so far. My only complaint would be that the volumes are too short I need more! The art style is totally unique and mind blowing. You can instantly recognize the style and that makes for an even better world building. The story is great. It gives enough divers tails and isn’t afraid to touch on some heavy and real life problems. The characters are no exception and are perfectly made as well. You really feel for them and you can understand every side of the story, which I find really important.

Overall this saga ;) is amazing and I recommend it to everybody!
  luclicious | Sep 20, 2021 |
It becomes very hard to critique a series as uniformly excellent as Saga. The art is still top-notch, the writing spot-on, and the surprises keep coming.

Seriously. Just a great series. ( )
  TobinElliott | Sep 3, 2021 |
I read the last two volumes (plus everything but the last issue of Volume 5) of this series in a catch-up during last week so it's all in a blur for me. I have so many feelings about all the relationships that take place between these people. The importance of politics, and the staleness of it, when you become too removed from your own wars, if they are being fought a world away from you, only mentioned in your news. The families, both the main one, and the two secondaries. The characters who struggle to remain together and those who end up dying too soon. I am still dying to know where this series takes us, especially with some of the ominous "not for years from now" promise the narrator has already given us. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Aug 21, 2021 |
First one not on comiXology unlimited. Worth it.

Man this one was crazy. Everything is changed, a pile of major and minor characters that we'd been getting to know are dead, the parents are separated (minor spoiler, but it really comes down to the how that's the big part; I didn't see that coming).

Oh, and the adorable little girl is growing up:

Plus, she's basically a wrestler. Whatever it takes to provide for your family, yes? Well... that's sort of the question, now isn't it?

My favorite individual panel of this volume:

It loses a bit without having read who that is and what he's doing, but seeing the parallels between his story, the baby's (that's a baby on his chest), and Hazel's? Oh it's interesting. ( )
  jpv0 | Jul 21, 2021 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Writerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering + designsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stephenson, EricCoordinatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
One last push!
Collected issues 19-24 of the Saga comics.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,981,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible