The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett

The Terrible Two (original 2015; edition 2017)

by Mac Barnett (Author), Kevin Cornell (Illustrator)

Member:chazzard
Title:The Terrible Two
Authors:Mac Barnett (Author)
Other authors:Kevin Cornell (Illustrator)
Info:Harry N. Abrams (2017), Edition: Reprint, 240 pages
Collections:Read
Tags:school, friendship, pranks, humor, cows, children's literature, fiction, spa, mauds19

The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett (2015)

The Terrible Two-The terrible two is about two kids that are not similar at all but they go along in the book very well but do everything wrong. So lets start with Miles Murphy which he moved from his old home to his new home to Yawnee Valley. It is a great place where the cows are the symbol of the country. It has green hills that slope down to the creeks. Miles is known for the best prankster of the school. Once he parked a car in front of the way to school. Nobody could not come inside. Mr.Barkin the principal of this school which is called Yawnee Valley Science and Letters Academy. He is very strict and gets mad very easily. Miles writes every prank in his journal so he can track which prank he has done and which of thenm he didn’t do yet. Next is Niles which there names are basically rhyming but I think that was a coincidence. Niles is known to help people for their homework and to clean a lot of stuff up. The worst person in the school is the bully which is basically the principals son. He bullys everyone especially Miles.

Opinion-I think this last book was the best book out of all of them. Although it is a fiction book it added a lot of details and it was very funny. I give it a 100 star or rate of points. I suggest people to read it because it should be meant for people that laugh everytime. It is also based on the author of Jeff Kinney from Diary of the Wimpy kid. So whoever loves Diuary of the Wimpy kid than the Terrible Two would be a book for you. ( )
  michaelp.b2 | Jun 5, 2018 |
This is my favorite reluctant reader book. I rarely give 5 stars to these types of books, but this one is much better written than they typically are. I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to know how the pranks were going to turn out. The dialogue between the characters is is great. Satire at its best.

Miles is a new kid at school and he's not happy about the move. He was a legend at his old school. He was the best prankster the school had ever seen. He's lost without his prankster identity, so he's preparing to establish his coolness at the new school with pranks. The only problem is that the school already has a prankster, and he's good.

At first Miles doesn't know who the prankster is, but after he thwarts Mile's first prank attempt, he arranges to meet. Miles can't believe who the prankster is. It's the unlikeliest of possibilities. When he tries to get Miles to become a pranking duo, to unleash holy terror on the school, Miles refuses. He thinks he's already the best so why join forces? As prank after prank gets thwarted, Miles realizes he's met his match.

Highly recommended.

valorrmac | May 15, 2018 |
Miles moves to a new town and a new school, and wants to make his mark quickly as the school prankster, but Niles, the principal's official Helper and an all-round weird kid, gets in the way of that in some surprising ways.
Hilarious and goofy. We love Mac Barnett. ( )
  scaifea | May 8, 2018 |
I read this to my 7 and 9 yr old daughters. I wanted something light-hearted and funny after reading the very serious [b:The War that Saved My Life|20912424|The War that Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life, #1)|Kimberly Brubaker Bradley|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1453342842s/20912424.jpg|40277782]. This was absolutely perfect! It was so funny and I loved the writing. It was a lot of fun to read out loud. We are rolling right into the second one. So glad it's a trilogy. ( )
  Aseleener | Mar 24, 2018 |
This is the story of Miles Murphy. He and his mother move to Yawnee Valley to get a fresh start. Which is great if you love cows, which Miles doesn't. If you don't love cows, Yawnee Valley doesn't have much appeal. Miles is nervous about being the new kid in school. His identity as the class prankster is very important to him, and he arrives on the first day of school to discover that someone else has played a great, high-profile prank. Then Principal Barkin blames him. He plans what he thinks is a great prank, only to have it foiled by nerdy do-gooder Niles. It turns out that Niles is secretly a master prankster. Niles suggests teaming up with Miles, who rejects him and they start a prank war with each other. Ultimately, they do join forces to pull off the greatest prank the school has ever seen. ( )
  Tarawyn | Oct 24, 2017 |
For Taylor --MB
This book is dedicated to Alyssa; my mom, Deborah; and Steven Malk, who believed in this project from the start. I will continue thanking the three of you until the cows come home, which might take a while. --JJ
Welcome to Yawnee Valley, an idyllic place with rolling green hills that slope down to creeks, and cows as far as the eye can see.

When master prankster Miles Murphy moves to sleepy Yawnee Valley, he challenges the local mystery prankster in an epic battle of tricks, but soon the two join forces to pull off the biggest prank ever seen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,986,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible