Tremors (Ebook Shorts) (Stone Braide…

by Bonnie S. Calhoun (Author)

Series: Stone Braide Chronicles (eBook Prequel Short Story)

162996,678 (4)None
Selah is haunted by strange dreams. But it is her waking nightmare that frightens her most. The tsunami during the Time of Sorrows came with a ferocious silence. The seas pulled back from the shore, gathered their strength and their fury, and attacked without warning on a bright, clear day. To Selah Rishon Chavez, the troubling dreams she has of this event cannot take her mind off her own dismal reality. As her eighteenth Birth Remembrance approaches, she's just weeks away from an arranged marriage to a young man she doesn't even know. To top it off, she's been barred from moving about the settlement unescorted, her father and brothers meet her questions with indifferent silence or outright lies, and her mother is powerless to intervene. Tremors invites you to experience the time leading up to Thunder--as one girl prepares to take her future into her own hands.… (more)
Member:NadineC.Keels
Title:Tremors (Ebook Shorts) (Stone Braide Chronicles): A Stone Braide Chronicles Story
Authors:Bonnie S. Calhoun (Author)
Info:Revell (2014), 48 pages
Rating:***

Tremors (Ebook Shorts) (Stone Braide Chronicles): A Stone Braide Chronicles Story by Bonnie S. Calhoun

Hmm...

A novella full of questions: a prequel setup for future answers. Maybe there wasn't enough context explained to get me interested enough to continue the series, but it did put this author on my radar. ( )
  NadineC.Keels | Sep 16, 2020 |
UPS: I have been beyond anxious waiting for Thunder, so I jumped at the chance to read the short prequel (that happened to be free on Amazon ;-), Tremors on my kindle. Though the very beginning of the book had something wrong with the format and I was not able to read the first few pages (I think…), I read enough to know what was going on without being totally confused. Tremors is written in first person, and I really enjoyed the way that it is written and I enjoyed getting to know Selah for that brief amount of time. Tremors is a great set up to Thunder and I would suggest owning (or at least having it on it’s way) Thunder before reading, as it ends leaving you full of questions and wanting to know what happens next (like, I’m starting Thunder tonight!)!

DOWNS: Even though Tremors only has like 3 chapters (took me about 30 minutes to read), it did have some violence and content not recommended for younger audiences (nothing sexual other than a few comments such as, “This one’s for the ladies!”, but from how the storyline was going, I do expect at least kissing to be in the rest of the series.). I would keep the age limit, preferably at, at least 14 years of age, but absolutely not under 13 for the potential violence that I expect from the series.

OVERALL: I give Tremors 5 out of 5 stars for being well written and grabbing my attention from page 1! This is one of the best prequels that I have ever read! ( )
  RayleighAnn | Dec 20, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

Stone Braide Chronicles (eBook Prequel Short Story)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,544,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible