Brainchild by John Saul

Brainchild (original 1985; edition 1964)

by John Saul

420337,996 (3.56)3
Member:goonius
Title:Brainchild
Authors:John Saul
Info:Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc (1964)
Collections:Textbooks
Tags:medical, horror, car accident, brain surgery

Brain Child by John Saul (1985)

I didn't even finish it. It bored the crap out of me. Very seldom do I not finish a book once I start it but this time I just couldn't finish it. I tried to read the book but I just couldn't do it. It was sooooo bad. Hell the book deserves half a star.

Not really anybody's idea of a good start to the year on reading. No one wants to start their year reading a book that sucks ass...well I did so it can only get better. ( )
  Sam-Teegarden | Jun 2, 2018 |
I can't quite explain why this book is good. I guess it's because it really puts you on edge. It's kind of a horror novel. 4Q4P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this for high school students and adults. I chose to read this book because my mom recommended it to me. AustinN
  edspicer | Jul 5, 2014 |
Alex Lonsdale dies in a car crash, his brain horribly injured. Yet the world's foremost brain surgeon "fixes him." To all outward appearances, he is Alex Lonsdale, but he is missing the most essential of human qualities -- emotions. Eventually, his girl friend and friends fall away from him, thouigh he tries faking emotions. But more than that, he begins hearing voices and seeing things of real acts committed in the previous century. Once again, Saul takes us where we don't want to go and to hell with a "happy" ending! ( )
  andyray | Aug 31, 2008 |

Alex Lonsdale was one of the most popular kids in La Paloma, California.  Until the horrifying car accident.  Until a brilliant doctor's medical miracle brought him back from the brink of death.  Now, Alex seems the same.  but in his eyes there is a blankness.  In his hear there is coldness.  If his parents, his friends, his girlfriend could see inside his brain, inside his dreams, they would be terrified.  One hundred years ago in La Paloma, a terrible deed was done.  A cry for vengeance pierced the night.  That evil still lives.  That vengeance still waits.  Waits for Alex Lonsdale.  Waits for the...Brainchild.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:07 -0400)

After miraculously surviving a near-fatal automobile accident, sixteen-year-old Alex Lonsdale is transformed into an emotionless instrument of vengeance, possessed by evil forces seeking revenge for a century-old massacre in La Paloma, California.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,578,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible