Pawleys Island by Dorothea Benton Frank

Another story where a woman perseveres through a difficult time and comes out happy. ( )
  marciablnc | Jan 18, 2018 |
"How many things happen in our lives one inch at a time?" ( )
  kimkimkim | Aug 21, 2017 |
Here is a book that I was not sure about before I started reading it but I became totally immersed in it before it was through and wanted it to continue. Different people, well sketched out even to their flaws, make up this book. Naturally they live and work around Pawleys Island. The plot is interesting and it captivates you as you go through. Well done Dorthea.

J. Robert Ewbank author “John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms” “Wesley’s Wars” “To Whom It May Concern” and “Tell Me About the United Methodist Church” ( )
  whoizme8 | May 12, 2016 |
Pawleys Island, on the most basic level, is a feel good story about how relationships shape our lives. Rebecca is an aspiring artist adrift after an abusive husband turns her children against her and sends her packing. She comes to Pawleys Island to regroup. Once there she meets 3 people who will help change her life and give her the courage to fight for her children. ( )
  purpledog | Mar 4, 2016 |
The southern belles offer you laughs in the Low Country. Rebecca is down and out and leaves Charleston after her husband has taken her two kids and her life. She lands at a local art gallery in Pawley’s island to sell some of her work where she meets Huey which hires her to work at the art gallery and the nosey Abigail (retired attorney), steps in to help the underdog under covering mischief to help Rebecca. A light humorous read.. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 26, 2014 |
TANGLED

We return to hear the waves
rolling onto the beach
one after the other
connecting us like blood.

We were listening long

where dreams return
as fish bones
tangled in seaweed.

Whatever sorrows come
are folded into the sea,
rinsed clean and kept--
unbearable secrets.

--Marjory Heath Wentworth
South Carolina Poet Laureate
People have secrets.

With characteristic humor and a full cast of eccentric and wonderfully lovable characters, Dorothea Benton Frank delivers a refreshingly honest and funny novel about an artist who suddenly enters the complacent lives of several Lowcountry locals - and turns them upside down. It's a twist-filled tale of friendship, family, and finding happiness by becoming who you are meant to be.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:45 -0400)

Hoping to sell some of her watercolors, Becca Sims wanders into the seaside Gallery Valentine, never expecting that her life will be transformed by the gallery owner and his best friend, in a novel set in small-town South Carolina.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,434,234 books! | Top bar: Always visible