The Academy: A Short Story

by Robert Dugoni

Series: Tracy Crosswhite (0/prequel)

Quitting her job as a high school science teacher to join the Seattle Police Department was an easy decision for Tracy Crosswhite. Years earlier, what should have been one of the happiest days of her life instead became her worst nightmare when her younger sister, Sarah, disappeared. After the murder trial, while her family disintegrated, Tracy turned her heartbreak and her lingering questions into a passion for justice. But people don't just become world-class detectives. If Tracy wants to uncover the truth about what happened to her sister, first she must be forged in the fires of the Police Academy, where not everyone wants her to succeed.… (more)

Good short. Very much enjoyed Tracy taking Nolasco down a few pegs and seeing their relationship from the very beginning. Man, I hate that guy. ( )
  amcheri | May 25, 2021 |
This short story is a prequel to the "Tracy Crosswhite" series that shows the determination and fortitude in one woman’s story to serve a higher purpose and to overcome in a male dominated work environment. I listened to it in about an hour and found myself rooting for the two women in the story. ( )
  buffalogr | Mar 6, 2021 |
The first short story prequel as I get ready to read My Sister’s Grave. I like Dugoni's writing style and this was a great introduction to Dugoni's Tracy Crosswhite detective series. ( )
  jonathanpapz | Jul 2, 2020 |
Impressive for a short story

This is only my second book by Dugoni and I find his writing pretty impressive. When you're lost in the story; appreciate the characters, have a few laughs, and resonate with the theme, what else can you ask for? Dugoni makes it seem effortless. The man has mad skills. ( )
  BenjaminThomas | Mar 16, 2018 |
Loved reading the short breakdown of Tracy's days while at the police academy. This quick read sums up the instant clash between Tracy and Nolasco. ( )
  ColleenGiminiani | Dec 2, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Tracy Crosswhite (0/prequel)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,566,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible