I Wish You More (Encouragement Gifts for…

I Wish You More (Encouragement Gifts for Kids, Uplifting Books for… (edition 2015)

by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (Author)

In simple text and pictures, the author and illustrator create a compendium of small daily moments.
Member:BabyShoe
Title:I Wish You More (Encouragement Gifts for Kids, Uplifting Books for Graduation)
Authors:Amy Krouse Rosenthal (Author)
Info:Chronicle Books (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 40 pages

Work Information

I Wish You More by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

I was petitioning everyone for favorites because I was trying to read 200 picture books this year. I asked a friend and, without the usual pause, she listed this book. And by the end I was almost in tears. That's a picture book first. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
A sweet book about encouragement, uplifting and wishing more for the future. It's a lovely book that doesn't really have any sort of plot or story but more of a book you read at graduation or a goodbye to a departing student or classroom. Maybe you're feeling a little sad and maybe you need a little encouragement. This is that kind of a book.

There isn't much more to say about it. I see not everyone thought this was a good idea and I think it really depends on what you're looking to get out of it. As mentioned, it's not really a traditional book in the sense of trying to tell a story. But it's certainly a nice book that you'd give as a graduation or goodbye gift or maybe for a baby shower, etc.

Not much else to say but it was definitely a nice book for me at the moment. ( )
  HoldMyBook | Sep 2, 2020 |
This book is full of encouragement and well wishes. It does not have a main character. It is a book to read or give to someone to show that you support them, and always want the best for them. It is beautifully illustrated. It is multicultural and can be read to anyone. ( )
  asburns | Sep 16, 2019 |
It’s a book about wishing a child more positives than negatives in their life, very uplifting and a good story before nap or bedtime.
  Remi.Kauffman | Sep 16, 2019 |
The narrator lists all of their many wishes for the reader/listener in this sweet picture-book, from more give than take to more will than hill. Each two-page spread features a different wish, together with cute illustrations...

Author Amy Krouse Rosenthal (sadly, now deceased) and illustrator Tom Lichtenheld collaborated on quite a few picture-books, from Duck! Rabbit! to Yes Day!. Their books are often quite simple in their story conception, and rely heavily on the artwork. I Wish You More feels more like a gift book than a story book, the kind one might give a primary-school student, upon the completion of a particular grade. I found it charming, but can understand why some readers might find it boring or unsatisfying. Recommended primarily to fans of the illustrator, and to those looking for 'graduation' gifts for younger children. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Feb 11, 2019 |

Amy Krouse Rosenthalprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lichtenheld, TomIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,559,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible