Leap (Breakthrough, #2) by Michael C.…

Leap (Breakthrough, #2) (edition 2014)

by Michael C. Grumley

Series: Breakthrough (2)

ONE OF MANKIND'S GREATEST LEGENDS HAS BEEN DISCOVERED.SOMETHING EVERY CIVILIZATION HAS SEARCHED FOR...BUT NOT WHAT ANYONE WAS EXPECTING.Facing the cold, clear glass, Alison Shaw stared nervously into the giant seawater tank.It was just one year ago that she and her team of marine biologists had stunned the world with their incredible breakthrough.And now...they were about to do it again.But an ocean away, something strange was unfolding. Along a lonely coast in South America, an experimental Russian submarine -- long thought to have been dismantled -- has suddenly resurfaced. And the U.S. Navy has taken notice, sending officers John Clay and Steve Caesare to investigate.The sub has been studying a group of unmarked soldiers. Disappearing into the jungle each night beneath the cover of darkness.Something has been discovered. Something big.Unfortunately, the soldiers are about to learn that making the find of the century is one thing.Keeping it, is another.… (more)
Member:aldimartino
Title:Leap (Breakthrough, #2)
Authors:Michael C. Grumley
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 484 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Since 2010 on Goodreads

Leap by Michael C. Grumley (Author)

Loved this!!! This guys right up their with Crichton and he's self-published!!! I am in awe. Great character development!! I did this via Kindle audiobook without realizing that there was a previous book in the series but found that I really didn't need to read it but now I definitely want to!!! And I want to read #3 after that. I found the mix of Sci-fi and thriller to feel very natural and am looking forward to more!!! Thanks Michael ( )
  aldimartino | Nov 24, 2020 |
  Andy_DiMartino | Nov 24, 2020 |
Someone clearly doesn't like China. It screams "China bad! USA good!" in every chapter. There's a hacker in one of the books and if he doesn't find who he is looking for he is dead.... because that's what China does to people. So far they have also bombed a mountain, sunk a US ship, killed lots of people. On the other hand the USA saves the day. The author also writes about everyday stuff that China does that is bad. Like being one of the biggest coal manufactures in the world. Sure, that isn't great, but somehow I don't think the author dislikes the biggest coal provider in the world (Australia) because, well because they aren't China (or Muslims).

Read a few chapters and you instantly know this is written by an American. Disgusting. ( )
  dahoon | Mar 26, 2020 |
Incredible! Cussler with a Sci-fi Twist. It doesn't get any better than this when it comes to action adventure. ( )
  vernefan | Oct 2, 2016 |
Great combination of drama and action in what seem at first to be a random web of plot lines. But each plot line (two talking dolphins, a talking gorilla, a mysterious Russian submarine in Brazil, a Chinese ship docked in Georgetown, Guiana and a crafty billionaire, a Navy admiral, and two daring Navy Commanders) moved along at a satisfyingly fast pace without being overly complicated. Each line of the story came together in a thrilling finale. The story ended with plenty of room for an obvious sequel involving the same key characters which I can't wait to read!
  mfvetter | Nov 3, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

Michael C. Grumley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,893,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible