Honor's Pledge (Rocky Mountain Legacy #1) by…

Honor's Pledge (Rocky Mountain Legacy #1) (edition 1998)

by Kristen Heitzmann (Author)

Joe and Arie, a young Amish couple, try to get through their first summer on their farm with the help of Joe's younger sister Nancy and brother Steven.
Member:memtigers1977
Title:Honor's Pledge (Rocky Mountain Legacy #1)
Authors:Kristen Heitzmann (Author)
Info:Bethany House Pub (1998), 287 pages

Work Information

Honor's Pledge by Kristen Heitzmann

Loved it! Historical and romatic! ( )
  KaylaLowe | Jan 15, 2018 |
I like a story that takes me where I wasn't planning to go. There were several times in this story where I thought, "Wow - I wasn't expecting that to happen". It kept me reading because I kept wanting to see what would happen next. A good start to this series of books.

Abigail Martin is a headstrong young woman who loves her frontier life in the rugged Colorado Rockies. She also knows what she wants when it comes to love and so she dashes the hope of her childhood friend, Blake, when he asks her to marry him.

Montgomery Farrel is a refined Southern gentleman who see Abigail as an untamed young woman, but is also someone he is instantly drawn to. He has come West to escape the destruction of the South after the War and start over by building up a ranch. But what makes Monte stand out is his honor and loyalty no matter the cost to him. I won't give this story away, but honor at any cost will affect many in this story.

Can't wait to start book two, "Honor's Price" and see what happens next to these folks. A great story with characters I learned to appreciate early on. And I also appreciate the way this author thinks and how she keeps you guessing at what will happen next. I encourage you to head to the Colorado Rockies and fall in love with the land and the people there in Rocky Bluff, Colorado. ( )
  judyg54 | Feb 16, 2016 |
To my parents, Richard and Jane Francis, who instilled a love for storytelling and the handling of the pen.
Abigail Martin jumped at the gunshots, dropped the bolt of blue calico, and hurried to the window.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,202,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible