Japanese Quilting: Sashiko by Saikoh Takano

Japanese Quilting: Sashiko (edition 1993)

by Saikoh Takano

Tags:textiles, quilting

Japanese Quilting: Sashiko by Hiromitsu Takano

Library thing No.3

Review
This is a good book to me because this book has a lot of interesting facts, it is very relatable to me, and user friendly. First, There is a TON of interesting facts in this book. For example, most of the designs used to make these articles of clothing is buddist inspired. Secondly, This book is very user friendly. For example, there are a lot of specific and detailed instructions and pictures to guide you into this complicated process.Lastly, This book is very relatable to me. For example, I am japanese and I relate to this book because I have seen these designs in a first hand experience, and I know that the author has done some serious info gathering because of this. In conclusion this is why i love this fabulous book.
  DiegoK.B1 | Jan 12, 2017 |

Practical introduction to the distinctive patterns and designs of sashiko; Beautiful projects for the home, based on a range of exciting and unusual designs; Includes a history of the technique as well as advice on fabrics, and sewing and designing equipment In recent years there has been a great revival of interest in sashiko, the traditional Japanese technique of needlework quilting based on a quick and easy running stitch. This book is a practical introduction to the distinctive patterns and designs of the technique. Learn how to create beautiful projects for the home, including placemats, a tea cosy, cushions and wallhangings. The designs range from traditional geometric patterns inspired by natural objects such as tree bark, waves and turtle shells, to colourful images of flowers and trees. Each project lists the materials needed and gives clear instructions for making up the finished item.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,711,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible