Sixth Grade Secrets (Apple Paperbacks) by…

Sixth Grade Secrets (Apple Paperbacks) (original 1987; edition 1994)

by Louis Sachar (Author)

When Laura Sibbie starts a club called Pig City, she incites a near-war among her sixth-grade classmates and generates the creation of a rival club that has designs on Pig City's precious box of secrets.
Member:tamra11972
Title:Sixth Grade Secrets (Apple Paperbacks)
Authors:Louis Sachar (Author)
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (1994), 208 pages

Work Information

Sixth Grade Secrets by Louis Sachar (1987)

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
I'll come back and review this later, but I remember reading this in 5th grade. ( )
  AshleighDJCutler | May 12, 2020 |
This is a book that I actually read from cover to cover. Its about a young girl who got a hat that said pig city. She started a secret club called pig city. A boy found out and threaten that if she didn't kiss him, he'd expose the secret club. Later he ended up making his own club called Monkey Town. At the end the students overcome their differences and they end exclusive club and everybody got alone. ( )
  towsonspark23 | Sep 13, 2018 |
This is one of those forever rereads. Originally titled Sixth Grade Secrets, I first read it when I was that age, and it (like the rest of Sachar's books) stands the test of time. He writes so sparingly yet somehow fleshed out the characters of all the kids on this class. There's something timeless about this too, which is why I'm not surprised they've rereleased it with a new title for today's kids to find.

A great middle ground grade book. And did I mention funny? So, so funny. ( )
  annhepburn | Mar 4, 2018 |
Sixth Grade Secrets was published as Pig City in the UK

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,595,001 books! | Top bar: Always visible