Six of Crows (Six of Crows, 1) by Leigh…

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, 1) (original 2017; edition 2018)

by Leigh Bardugo (Author)

"Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction--if they don't kill each other first"--
Member:petrichor8
Title:Six of Crows (Six of Crows, 1)
Authors:Leigh Bardugo (Author)
Info:Square Fish (2018), Edition: Reprint, 495 pages
Collections:To read

Work Information

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (2017)

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (ajwseven, Carnophile)
    Carnophile: Who'd win in a fight between the Locke Lamora gang and the Kaz Brekker gang? I NEED to see this. No, it's not a contest, but boy would that be a fun read.
    The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (ajwseven)
    A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab (foggidawn)
    Night Angel Trilogy (3-in-1) by Brent Weeks (kylenapoli)
    Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce (wordcauldron)
    wordcauldron: Alanna's George was my first exposure to books about thieving, espionage, gangs, assassins, etc., and this book sort of seemed to me like an in-depth look at that side of life (though a little more violent than it would have been in Alanna's universe), plus Alanna's all about magic and dangerous adventures and such.… (more)
    Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin (carriehh)

English (267)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (270)
I was so excited to come back to this world! And happily, it has so much story and great characters. For me, everything worked out in this book - the gang, the plot, twists, and the ending! Really excited to read the next one. ( )
  Hanna_Rybchynska | Apr 29, 2022 |
Þrælspennandi fantasía eftir nýjasta uppáhaldshöfundinn minn, Leigh Bardugo. Sagan gerist í Grisha-heimsmyndinni sem Bardugo skapaði svo vel í Shadow and Bone þrenningunni. Nú erum við annarsstaðar í heiminum og kynnumst aðstæðum í spillingarbæli sem byggir tilveru sína á að allt sé falt. Glæpaforingja er gert tilboð um að ræna manni úr fangelsi sem fundið hefur upp formúlu að efni sem býr til galdraofurmenni sem eru algerlega háð stjórnendum sínum, líkt og viljalaus peð. Til að ná manninum úr varðhaldi þarf hann að ná saman glæpahópi sérfræðinga til að takast á við eitt öruggasta fangelsi þessa heims. Sem sagt klassískt plott en vel gert.
Sexmenningarnir sem fara í þennan leiðangur eru meira eða minna breyskir, hafa sína fortíð að fela og mikil spenna er þeirra á milli, jafnvel ofsi, en verðlaunin eru líka mikil. ( )
  SkuliSael | Apr 28, 2022 |
A solid heist story, full of gritty underpinnings and fierce, broken characters I love to love. I kind of hate that it's a series, not a stand-alone, but I can't see how it could have been otherwise, and no complaints that this story will continue. Difficult to put down, but also very different from the other Grisha series. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
YA, but better than it could be. Maintains a comfortably dark but not disturbing atmosphere. The balance between advancing the plot and telling everyone's backstories is a little wobbly at times, and some of the characters suffer as they become 'more human'. I like the treatment of the romance, and the considerations of whether someone will make you happy, as opposed to just whether you're in love with them as the 'obstacle'.

The second book is fantastic series of heists and masterminds outsmarting one another. Overall an improvement on the first but in the same vein. ( )
  alspachc | Mar 25, 2022 |
It´s a bit like Oceans 11 as a fantasy story in an innovative setting. Took me a long time to get into it but I am sure I will not read the sequel even due to a nice cliffhanger - I guess it´s simply not my cup of tea. ( )
  iffland | Mar 19, 2022 |

Morris, TristanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rubin, BrandonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Snyder, JayNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ward, AprilDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kayte -- secret weapon, unexpected friend.
Joost had two problems: the moon and his mustache.

An audacious plan
Six dangerous criminals
Only one way out
(passion4reading)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,141,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible