Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel by…

Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel (edition 2015)

by Meg Cabot (Author)

Royal Wedding follows Princess Mia and her Prince Charming as they plan their fairy tale wedding - but a few poisoned apples could turn this happily-ever-after into a royal nightmare. For Princess Mia, the past five years since college graduation have been a whirlwind of activity, what with living in New York City, running her new teen community centre, being madly in love, and attending royal engagements. And speaking of engagements, Mia's gorgeous longtime boyfriend Michael managed to clear both their schedules just long enough for an exotic (and very private) Caribbean island interlude where he popped the question! Of course Mia didn't need to consult her diary to know that her answer was a royal oui. But now Mia has a scandal of majestic proportions to contend with: Her grandmother's leaked "fake" wedding plans to the press that could cause even normally calm Michael to become a runaway groom. Worse, a scheming politico is trying to force Mia's father from the throne, all because of a royal secret that could leave Genovia without a monarch. Can Mia prove to everyone - especially herself - that she's not only ready to wed, but ready to rule as well?… (more)
Member:Kaethe
Title:Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel
Authors:Meg Cabot (Author)
Info:William Morrow Paperbacks (2015), 448 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:caribbean, cats, contemporary, dogs, feminism, fiction, friendship, humor, kids, law, medicine, mental-illness, nyc, p-o-c, parenting, politics, romance, sex-positive, sisters, strong-smart-female-protagonist, usa

Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot

Well, I loved the Princess Diaries series. But this just wasn't that great compared to teenage Mia. Also, I think I have some issues with the series in general after all. But it worked when it was teenagers. Not so much when you're supposed to be a grown-up. Also, I didn't like that Frank Giannini had to die. I think Mia's father could've found happiness somewhere else. A bit anticlimactic book in general. ( )
  RankkaApina | Feb 22, 2021 |
Ohhh I love me some Princess Diaries! As with all of Meg Cabot's books, I adored the latest installment of Princess Mia's adventures. The cast of familiar characters along with new additions made for a wonderfully charming and eccentric cast. I laughed, I gasped, and I am really hoping Princess Diaries XII is in the works. Meg Cabot, you've done it again! ( )
  bookishtexpat | May 21, 2020 |
I need this.

The Princess Diaries has been and will forever be my favourite series. It was the first real series I ever read and if my sister in law hadn't bought me the first book for my twelfth birthday I probably wouldn't even be writing this because I would never have got into reading books. That scares me a little, but I think it shows how much the series means to me.

To this day the series is my comfort blanket.. If I've had a bad day or I just feel like crap I will pick up one of the books (at random now because I've read them so many times I basically have them memorised) and settle down with my old pal Mia (who's name I have always pronounced Maya because that's how I thought it was pronounced when I first read it) and relive the crazy happenings of the fictional world of princesshood that Cabot created all those years ago.

I somehow manage to link anything that happens in my life to the series because it was such a huge part of growing up for me.. I still stand by the fact that I am essentially a mixture of Mia and Tina, because I definitely have Tina's love for romance novels and Mia's attitude towards animals and just life in general..

I've only just now realise I totally missed the opportunity to do this review pre-read review diary-style.. Oops

In light of how much the series means to me I have a few wishes going into it :
• I wish that Mia still keeps a little bit of her juvenility despite being all grown up because lord knows I act more childish every year.
• I wish to see Fat Louis as happy as can be, perhaps with a lady cat friend?
• I wish to see is Tina and Boris are still together
• I wish really really hard that the plot of the book doesn't become too.. Much.
• I wish to see what teenage Rocky is doing nowadays..
• J'espère que Grandmère est toujours vivante par ce que c'était vraiment une de mes personnages préféré dans la série ! Et j'espère aussi que son chien est toujours vivant.

Anyways, I think that at this point it kinda goes without saying that I'm super excited for this I really cannot wait!

Over & Out, T xx ( )
  RichlyWritten | Sep 23, 2019 |
It was great to relive my childhood with this book. I loved the series as I was growing up and it was nice to reminisce. And I still love it today ( )
  Michelle_Boyea | Jun 7, 2019 |
If you're a fan of The Princess Diaries, you will love this last book in the series. So good! ( )
  xhollishx | Nov 23, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

She will be more a princess than she ever was -- a hundred and fifty thousand times more. A Little Princess, Frances Hodgson Burnett

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Meg Cabot's book Royal Wedding was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,886,425 books! | Top bar: Always visible