Creative Aging: A Baby Boomer's Guide to Successful Living

by Cheryl Vassiliadis

Creative Aging: A Baby Boomer's Guide to Successful Living encourages those who are at or nearing retirement to actively plan for the years ahead. Individual stories of Boomers who have learned to flourish after age 50 are showcased, along with productive influences gained from spirituality, health, and "the Woodstock Generation," including how to take inspiration from childhood and young adulthood to reignite; develop a passion for the troisieme age; use creativity to stay happy, healthy and enlightened; and formulate lifestyle plans that match expectations. Activities are provided at the end of each section to help the reader define and make life choices (and changes).… (more)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was an ER that I received and appartently forgot to review. I still have it on my shelf so I reread it, it's a short read, and I think the same about it now that I did when I first read it.

It seems to be typical with the genre of aging that books are routinely published that have no new information. If you haven't read much about the things we need to do for ourselves to age with vigor, this may be interesting to you but I didn't find much here. ( )
  clue | Oct 11, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I feel badly reviewing a book I didn't like, but here it is anyway. This was a very disappointing read. From the title, I expected something new, something challenging, something unexpected geared toward the people who came of age primarily in the 60s. Instead of that, it was more of the authors' take on what experiences they'd had and how they wanted to continue living creatively. Being self motivated, seeking life long learning, trying new things - all common sense for any age. Even the assignments contained nothing new. It was not at all what I expected. ( )
  marasgma | Sep 11, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The concept is timely and important. Aging is a privilege; not everyone gets the opportunity. I applaud the authors for their effort. Unfortunately the book did not speak to me. There as little that was new. I felt I was receiving common knowledge. I would have preferred something that dealt more deeply with the issues of aging and mortality. ( )
  stellarexplorer | May 3, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through LTER and unfortunately, I did not find it to be insightful or enlightening. Maybe I have already done so much reading about retirement, that it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. The other reviewers all seemed to like it but I can't recommend it. Most of it was just common sense. ( )
  andrea58 | Mar 27, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
In "Creative Aging", Cheryl Vassiliadis and Joanna Romer look at how the Baby Boomer generation can go on being the creative generation that helped change the world. This is not a book that shies away from talking about the things that made this generation famous. One of the chapters is "Feminism and Creative Aging" and another is "Facing Death Creatively". This is an excellent book for good answers for troubling questions.
  FCClibraryoshkosh | Feb 6, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Cheryl Vassiliadis's book Creative Aging: A Baby Boomer's Guide to Successful Living was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,236,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible