New Englanders In The 1600s: A Guide To…

New Englanders In The 1600s: A Guide To Genealogical Research Published… (edition 2010)

by Martin E. Hollick (Author)

"This book is a basic tool both for genealogists and for historians. Those whose work focuses on seventeenth-century New England will wonder how they managed without it.'
Member:cmeBookCollection
Title:New Englanders In The 1600s: A Guide To Genealogical Research Published Between 1980 And 2010 (Expanded Edition)
Authors:Martin E. Hollick (Author)
Info:New England Historic Genealogical Society (2010)
Collections:Genealogy, Your library
Tags:genealogy, New England

New Englanders in the 1600s: A Guide to Genealogical Research Published Between 1980 and 2005 by Martin E. Hollick

A new book of interest to New England genalogists is [New Englanders in the 1600s: A Guide to Genealogical Research Published between 1980 and 2005] by [[Martin E. Hollick]]. It is published by NEHGS.

The book references selected articles and books about New Englanders from the time periods on the cover. Only those publications the compiler believes have good sources are mentioned. This means you may still miss items that may be of interest if the author did not follow a more professional citation method. Therefore, this is not a comprehensive index. Mr Hollick has selected only the "best" articles as defined by him in the introduction. You still need to look at [PERSI] and [Genealogical Books in Print] for items. He sees this as along the line of [[Donald Lines Jacobus]]'s [My Own Index] which goes to 1956. There is still a gap for indexing materials from 1956 to 1980 for an ambitious compiler to publish.

This has helped me in my research and resultsd in some 26 ILLs for one line I am working on from periodicals not in the Clayton Library. It has also allowed me to find items in the Clayton I would not have know about.

The book has a 25 page intro/front matter with a list of the publications indexed, and that is followed by 246 pages of entries sorted by family names of the person covered in the cited publication. Cost is $19.95 from Picton Press. It is well worth buying if you are interested in 17th century New Englanders.

I am a NEHGS member but I have no financial interest in this publication. ( )
2 vote scp1010 | Sep 21, 2006 |

owned by Britt Kammerer

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,342,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible