Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond

Day It Rained Hearts (edition 2006)

by Felicia Bond (Author), Felicia Bond (Illustrator)

1,5701011,653 (3.76)None
On the day it rains hearts, Cornelia Augusta makes Valentine cards for four of her friends.
Member:NicolleHillier
Title:Day It Rained Hearts
Authors:Felicia Bond (Author)
Other authors:Felicia Bond (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2006), Edition: Reprint, 36 pages
Tags:valentines, friendship

Work Information

Four Valentines in a Rainstorm by Felicia Bond

When it suddenly starts to rain hearts in this miniature picture-book from 1983, young Cornelia Augusta realizes that Valentine's Day must be close, and, taking advantage of the downpour, gathers the little red objects to her. Making Valentines from the windfall, she mails her missives of love to her friends, spreading the spirit of the holiday far and wide...

Although familiar with Felicia Bond's name, through the illustrations she contributed to the blockbuster picture-book series begun in If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, this little volume is the first of her own titles I have picked up. First published as Four Valentines in a Rainstorm (the edition I read), it was reprinted in 2002 as The Day It Rained Hearts, and has remained in print under that title. I found it a sweet little book, appreciating its whimsical story and simple but expressive art. It is a small book, which no doubt adds to its charm. Recommended to picture-books looking for matter-of-factly magical Valentine's Day stories. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Feb 14, 2022 |
This is a book about a girl who catches Valentines as they fall out of the sky for her friends. It is a cute story to tie into Valentines Day. ( )
  NicolleHillier | Feb 22, 2020 |
  wichitafriendsschool | May 22, 2016 |
This story is about a young girl who catches hearts while they rain out of the sky, then makes valentines for her friends. It shows how special our friends are to us and how they are all different. This is a great book to read around Valentine's Day to remind kids that it's nice to share things, not jut receive. I would read this story to pre-k-fifth grade classes. ( )
  sdeshotel | Feb 27, 2014 |
This story is a great story for around Valentine's day but it is also wonderful because it talks about how every heart that the girl caught was different. This idea is what makes this book so good for in the classroom because it could then lead into a discussion on how every person is unique but still we are all important. I think this book is perfect for students in 4k-2nd grade.
  Jennah2010 | Oct 19, 2013 |

The Day It Rained Hearts available online at The Internet Archive:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,340,647 books! | Top bar: Always visible