The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest [graphic novel]

by Denise Mina

Other authors: Antonio Fuso (Illustrator), Stieg Larsson (Author), Andrea, Mutti (Illustrator)

Series: Millennium Trilogy Graphic Novels (3)

In this final graphic novel adaptation of Stieg Larsson's international bestseller, Lisbeth Salander lies in critical condition, a bullet wound to her head, in the intensive care unit of a Swedish city hospital. She's fighting for her life in more ways than one: If and when she recovers, she'll be taken back to Stockholm to stand trial for three murders. With the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist, she will not only have to prove her innocence, but also identify and denounce those in authority who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to suffer abuse and violence. And, on her own, she will plot revenge - against the man who tried to kill her, and the corrupt government institutions that nearly destroyed her life. Written by novelist Denise Mina (The Field of Blood) and illustrated by Andrea Mutti and Antonio Fusso, this epic graphic novel concludes Vertigo's critically acclaimed adaptation of The Millenium Trilogy.… (more)

My review of this book can be found on my YouTube Vlog at:

Enjoy! ( )
  booklover3258 | Feb 3, 2023 |
I was curious about this graphic novel since I loved the book trilogy. This is third and last graphic novel, but I have read the book so I didn't have any problem reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.

What I did have problem with was the art, it was really terrible. It's like who cares about the art, the story is good in itself. I would never ever buy this graphic novel despite how much I love the book. Not even the cover is any good.

Also let's not forget that this is based on a 700 pages long book and it's been a while since I read the book, but I bet that quite a lot of the books story had to be left out or simplified. Which is really bad, because the book is good.

I gave it 3 stars because the story in itself is good even in this scaled down version. Would have given it an extra star if the art had been better.

So read the trilogy before reading the graphic novels!

I received this copy Vertigo through Edelweiss in return for an honest review! Thank you! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Jul 23, 2022 |
I received this from Edelweiss and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Really liked this graphic adaptation of the book. It captures the gist of the story pretty well, not everything, of course, but enough to be able to follow the story. It helps to have read the book first, I'm sure.

The artwork was okay, and it struck me that it was very dark when it appeared Lisbeth was in deep trouble, and brightened when she wasn't.

Overall, this series of adaptations has been very satisfying. ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |

Denise Minaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fuso, AntonioIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Larsson, StiegAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mutti, Andrea,Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,416,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible