Buried Secrets: A Novel (Men of Valor) by…

Buried Secrets: A Novel (Men of Valor)

by Irene Hannon

"After seven years as a Chicago homicide detective, Lisa Grant has hit a wall. Ready for a kinder, gentler life, she takes a job as a small-town police chief. But the discovery of a human skeleton by a construction crew at the edge of town taxes the resources of her department. A call for assistance brings detective Mac McGregor, an ex-Navy SEAL, to her doorstep. As they work to solve the mystery behind the unmarked grave, danger begins to shadow them. Someone doesn't want this dead person telling any tales--and will stop at nothing to make certain a life-shattering secret stays buried"--Amazon.com.… (more)

Wow! That was intense. RTC ( )
  SarahGraceGrzy | Oct 2, 2018 |
They both wanted quieter safer lives, but crime never sleeps and killers keep killing.
Men of Valor Series Book I
  Indiancreek | Dec 12, 2017 |
Loved this suspenseful mystery by Irene Hannon! Each book I read of hers get better and better. From the first sentence I was caught. The strong characters added another dimension to keep you reading into the night. Expect twists and turns as this book begins in the past and then jumps to twenty years later. Lisa and Mac have a possible murder on their hands but no clues to give them any answers. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and think you will, too! Each

I was given an e-copy of Buried Secrets by Revell Reads through Net Galley for my honest opinion which I have given. ( )
  sh2rose | Sep 6, 2016 |
Twenty four years ago, a ride that was meant to be a joyride turned into tragedy. A girl was buried in a shallow grave. Who put her there and why? These are the questions Detective Chief Lisa Grant and Detective Mac McGregor are determined to find the answers to. How are they to determine the identity of the dead girl? How much time will it take? See the sparks fly as they get closer to solving the dead girl's murder. As they get closer to solving the murder, are they by chance getting closer on a personal level? What are they finding out about each other? This book is full of suspense, drama, romance. It will keep you turning page after page, you will not want to put it down. What lengths will the murderer go in order to keep the BURIED SECRETS.

I received a complimentary copy from Revell Books for this review. ( )
  Jean_Kellman | Jul 7, 2016 |
Stress had taken a toll on Lisa Grant’s life so she gave up her detective job in Chicago to work as a police chief in the small town of Carson. The easier pace was doing wonders for her, that is, until a construction crew dug up a human skeleton. Mac McGregor left the SEALs for a quieter kind of job. Now working as a county detective, they send him to Carson to assist Lisa Grant in solving who they found in the unmarked grave. Though their initial meeting doesn't go so well, it's not long before they gain a deep respect for one another along with a deep attraction as well. As they work together to gather information and evidence about what happened all those years ago, it becomes apparent that someone doesn't want the truth to be revealed and is willing to go to any lengths to keep the secrets buried.

This was a great start to Irene Hannon's Men of Valor series. It really was the perfect blend of suspense and romance. One thing I really liked was that even though Lisa was a police chief, she wasn't an 'in-your-face', hard, type woman. She was a nice combination of strong yet soft. Mac was a great guy, the kind of hero I like reading about. He was strong yet tender and comfortable in his own skin. I loved the way he was with Lisa. One thing I thoroughly enjoyed was the McGregor brothers. The interaction and banter between them was so much fun. I am looking forward to getting to know those brothers better. I appreciated that both Mac and Lisa had a personal faith that got them through the difficult things they faced. It was a great reminder that God is in control, of everything whether good or bad. If you enjoy romantic suspense then this is one I would highly recommend. If you don't believe me, head on over to Carson and see just what Buried Secrets will be revealed. ( )
  love2readnovels | Jan 16, 2016 |
added by Jean_Kellman | editReading With Jean, Jean Kellman (Mar 26, 2015)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,530,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible