The Lost Herondale

by Cassandra Clare, Robin Wasserman

Simon learns the worst crime a Shadowhunter can commit: desertion of their comrades. One of ten adventures in Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy. In the early nineteenth century, Tobias Herondale abandoned his fellow Shadowhunters in the heat of battle and left them to die. His life was forfeit, but Tobias never returned, and the Clave claimed his wife?s life in exchange for Tobias?s. Simon and his fellow students are shocked to learn of this brutality, especially when it is revealed the woman was pregnant. But what if the child survived?could there be a lost Herondale line out in the world today? This standalone e-only short story follows the adventures of Simon Lewis, star of the #1 New York Times bestselling series The Mortal Instruments, as he trains to become a Shadowhunter. Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy features characters from Cassandra Clare?s Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices, and the upcoming Dark Artifices and Last Hours series. The Lost Herondale is written by Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman.… (more)

It's sad that Simon is so lost and not connected with his friends like he was. Makes me frowny face. The conversation at the end gives me hope they will get those relationships back though. Also, another Herondale? I need more info on that. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Feb 17, 2021 |
ugh this is exhausting ( )
  kickthebeat | Nov 1, 2020 |
Okay yeah this one was much better!!!!!! Simon's character felt much more like Simon. Standing up for himself and what he believes in and still being witty and funny without it being too much. That and we had some dialogue between Simon and Clary at the end (the very last thing Clary said made me tear up a bit). We got to see a bit of fighting from Simon but then we got to see Isabelle being a total badass which is always a good thing.

Tobias' story was well thought out I think like tbh it was a really good story and I'm hoping we learn more about his son and the possible other Herondales at some point. I think it would be really cool to possibly see some interaction between Jace and his potential relatives eventually.

I think I liked this one so much because unlike the last one I feel like this ones story actually added something to the universe that can be expanded on and that's always really exciting. ( )
  seraynea | Jun 29, 2020 |
Though less centered around Simon and training at the academy, it was still very interesting. An amazing set-up for things yet to come!!! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
Sooo good! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wasserman, Robinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Falahee, JackNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There was a time, not long ago, when Simon Lewis had been convinced that all gym teachers were actually demons escaped from some hell dimension, nourishing themselves on the agonies of uncoordinated youth.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,391,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible