Casey's Warriors (Bondmates) by Ann Mayburn

Casey's Warriors (Bondmates) (edition 2014)

by Ann Mayburn (Author)

Lorn Adar has searched more than a lifetime to find his bondmate-the one woman he was born to love and the only woman who can save him from the approaching madness that threatens all unbonded males of his race. When a wormhole opens from his galaxy to Earth and the women who could hold their future, Lorn will do all in his power to not only find his mate, but show her a Universe she never knew existed. Casey Westfall's normal life changed forever when she finds the sexy leather clad man on her doorstep. One innocent kiss leads to an adventure that will span worlds and Casey will have to choose between the man who is the other half of her soul and never seeing her family or her world again. To complicate matters Kadothians live in polyamerous family units and Lorn will have to convince his Earth bride to accept not only his love, but the love of his best friend and brothers in arms or risk the chance of losing them to either the madness or the Hive-the race of sociopathic women bent on destroying and enslaving everything in their path, but Casey can't see loving more than one man as being anything other than a sin. Lorn will have to teach his bride that she was created for both of them just as they were created only for her. In a Universe where all is possible, the battle to protect not only his people, but his heart rests on the soul of a human woman who must face the unknown and take a leap of faith that could save or destroy them all.… (more)
Member:kathleen.rivest
Title:Casey's Warriors (Bondmates)
Authors:Ann Mayburn (Author)
Info:Fated Desires Publishing, LLC (2014), 278 pages

Casey's Warriors (Bondmates, #1) by Ann Mayburn

~ 4.5 Casey's Warriors Stars ~

Casey's Warriors is book one in the Bondmates series by Ann Mayburn. This was my first book with Ann Maybum and most certainly not my last. She captured me from the first to last page. I was sucked into the Alien world.

I don't read many Erotic Sci-Fi Romances, but this one caught my eye and I had to give it a try. I was blown away and became immersed in the world created. I liked how the author explained the cultures both of Earth and of the Alien race. This helps set everything up and build the characters and world. It shows us the trills the Alien men will have to over come to get an Earth woman to love and accept more than one man as her bonded mates. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and romance. The author did a great job writing the sex scenes which range from M/F, menage, M/M, and more.

Their was one thing that I felt should have been flushed out more. The villain, which it sounds like will continue in the rest of the series, but those that don’t like the book don’t get closer on this. We are left hanging on who they are and what consequences the villain's actions will or do have.

Their was one thing I didn’t really like so much. It was very predictable that the heroine runs away when she sees something that upsets her. Really lady you are on an Alien plant and it’s very obvious you can feel your husbands emotions and they can feel you, so why not open up and talk to them instead of running away. This just made her drop down in my opinion from a character that could actually accept things, to a stupid bimbo. This action leads into her punishment/consequence. I didn’t care for how the author handled this. Casey's mates punish her with a great orgasms and a very very hot sex. This didn't work so much for me. I will say it was a hot and very sexy scene, but I felt it was silly to use sex as a means to make the heroine understand. The husbands/wife should talk; with cloths on, explain, and have a mutual understanding, then after that have outstanding fabulous makeup sex. Adding those two scenes together and it made them feel counter productive.

Casey's Warriors is an erotica romance set in an alternate world with sexy alien men and multiple partners. It’s a steamy romance. I was so captured that I ended up picking up the novella to read and can’t wait for book two to come.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Barclay Publicity via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
Wow. A new world to explore, or would that be a new galaxy? Hmmm something to ponder later.

I recently re-read Casey's Warriors (me was bad and forgot to leave review first time). To me the author did a very good job of not only describing the new world and galaxy, but also of allowing me to feel what Casey went through, as she struggled to come to terms with loving two men, and feeling strong affection for even more.

The story starts when Casey gets a call from her older sister Roxy who is apparently in the military. Roxy tells her that something has happened, something bad, and to head for home pronto and take her friends with her. Needless to say this caught my attention and I was drawn in immediately. They barely make it to their hometown when something does happen, it made me think of something like a cross between an EMP and a solar flare.

The pace only picks up from there. Casey dreams of two men and wakes crying, her best friend Paige wakes crying as well yet neither can remember what they dream about.

In the meantime in a galaxy far, far away (grin sorry couldn't help myself), you find out about The Hive and yeah they're as bad as you might think with that moniker. You meet Lorn and Nast, and discover why they're fighting The Hive, and what they'd do to survive.

Ms Mayburn took me on a roller coaster ride that I didn't want to get off of. And in a way I'm still on the ride, because as I said I just re-read it, and loved it as much now as the first time. Looking forward to others in this series. ( )
  claydragon | May 14, 2016 |
A good story.

However, no notice of a spanking hard enough to bruise, screaming in pain that then leads to sex. Um. As I have said before, not everyone thinks this is benign. A warning is good. Bruising is NOT "light spanking". Spanking to punish is not "light play". Perhaps not full blown BDSM, but certianly not simple erotica.

A big turn off due to the lack of notice. ( )
  Teenycakes | Sep 27, 2015 |

Lorn Adar has searched more than a lifetime to find his bondmate--the one woman he was born to love and the only woman who can save him from the approaching madness that threatens all unbonded males of his race. When a wormhole opens from his galaxy to Earth and the women who could hold their future, Lorn will do all in his power to not only find his mate, but show her a Universe she never knew existed. Casey Westfall's normal life changed forever when she finds the sexy leather clad man on her doorstep. One innocent kiss leads to an adventure that will span worlds and Casey will have to choose between the man who is the other half of her soul and never seeing her family or her world again.

To complicate matters Kadothians live in polyamerous family units and Lorn will have to convince his Earth bride to accept not only his love, but the love of his best friend and brothers in arms or risk the chance of losing them to either the madness or the Hive--the race of sociopathic women bent on destroying and enslaving everything in their path, but Casey can't see loving more than one man as being anything other than a sin. Lorn will have to teach his bride that she was created for both of them just as they were created only for her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,943,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible