Out of This World by Jill Shalvis

Out of This World

by Jill Shalvis

:) ( )
  Janicemo | Aug 18, 2017 |
2.5 stars. This started out great, with funny banter and cute characters. But by mid-point, it was a confusing, drawn out story. It also needed a better editor as several times the first person got screwed up - very confusing. Not her best work, that's for sure. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
I loved the humor in this book. I was laughing out loud when Rachel and Kellan were flying into the Bed and Breakfast. But I also found the book very confusing. It was cleared up in the last chapter but I just felt as lost as the characters until then ( )
  stormy50 | Sep 14, 2009 |
My attempt to dip my toe in the paranormal/sci-fi contemporary novel pond. A fun, fast moving story surrounding a not your normal run of the mill bed & breakfast in Alaska - with super powers, heightened sexual awareness, and pirates you never know what is going to happen next. ( )
  cursingmama | Jun 5, 2009 |

Um, so get this: Three weeks ago I, Rachel Bond, inherited a bed-and-breakfast. In Alaska. Just this morning I was in my warm bed in LA but now here I am, up north--and this is way north, like nosebleed north--sorting it all out. So: Pros: 1. Bears and wolves and moose and whatever else can't be any worse than LA guys. 2. You know how people talk about "starving artists?" I'm gonna faint. So it's probably time for a change. 3. My good friend Kellan--you'll like him, unlike moi he's calm and cool under pressure--suddenly has this animalistic sexiness I've never even seen before. 4. Give me a minute. I think the "Cons" are going to be a lot easier. Cons: 1. Alaska. Did I already mention this? Which means: a. Snow--lots b. Cold--very c. Coffee shops, movie theaters, or what I like to think of as "culture"--not a chance. 2. I can't even manage my checkbook--so a B&B is probably going to be a disaster. 3. The house chef can't cook, and the guide can't read a map. 4. Kellan's sudden hotness is getting very hard to ignore. 5. I just got hit by lightning.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,991,777 books! | Top bar: Always visible