Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella

Shopaholic & Sister (edition 2005)

by Sophie Kinsella

Member:wyogal11
Title:Shopaholic & Sister
Authors:Sophie Kinsella
Info:Dial Press Trade Paperback (2005), Paperback

Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella

English (62)  Italian (1)  All languages (63)
Becky Bloomwood lives in a special world. Her naïveté is part of the attraction to this series. I love reading her adventures through life and the truly unbelievable things she does. She always convinces herself that she is doing something right and for the good of others. Everyone needs a little escapism in their life. These stories make me laugh out loud. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Dec 8, 2018 |
(Note: 5 stars = rare and amazing, 4 = quite good book, 3 = a decent read, 2 = disappointing, 1 = awful, just awful. There are a lot of 4s and 3s in the world!) ( )
  ashleytylerjohn | Sep 19, 2018 |
I picked this up as a light read during a lunch break. I have now read all the books in the series. It's odd - I kind of hate them (Becky is over the top and absurd; think Bridget Jones times ten) but I always enjoy reading them. I like Becky despite myself. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Much of the time, Becky is kind of silly. But Sophie Kinsella maintains a careful balance between making her a bit silly and completely ridiculous. As a result, I really like Becky and by the end of each book in the Shopaholic series, I have looked forward to her next adventure. ( )
  LynneCatherine | Mar 21, 2018 |
Hilarious! Another book that lets you delve into Rebecca's head and the scary part-- I understand her! She discovers her father was 'fooling around' before he met her mother and wow! she has the sister she's always wanted! They can shop together, have lunch and just have a lovely time. When she meets Jess, though, she discovers they have nothing in common! How can that be?! They have the same blood! All I can say is FUN-NEE!! A must read if you want to laugh! ( )
  camplakejewel | Sep 25, 2017 |
To Gemma and Abigail, in celebration of being sisters.
OK. I can do this. No problem.

What’s a round-the-world honeymoon if you can’t buy the odd souvenir to ship back home? Like the Chinese urns and twenty silk dressing gowns Becky found in Hong Kong…the five kilim rugs from Turkey…the splendid hand-carved dining table (and ten chairs) from Sri Lanka…the, um, huge wooden giraffes from Malawi (that her husband Luke expressly forbade her to buy)…

Only now Becky and Luke have returned home to London and Luke is furious. Two truckloads of those souvenirs have cluttered up their usually immaculate loft, and the bills for them are outrageous. Becky’s even maxed out on her second secret credit card, and she doesn’t have a new job yet!

Luke insists she go on a budget. And worse: her beloved best friend Suze has found a new best friend while Becky was away. Becky’s feeling rather blue—when her parents deliver some incredible news. She has a long-lost sister! Becky is thrilled! She’s convinced her sister will be a true soulmate. They’ll go shopping together, drink cappuccinos together, have manicures together, and watch their favorite videos together.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044024191X, Mass Market Paperback)

What’s a round-the-world honeymoon if you can’t buy the odd souvenir to ship back home? Like the twenty silk dressing gowns Becky found in Hong Kong…the hand-carved dining table (and ten chairs) from Sri Lanka…the, um, huge wooden giraffes from Malawi (that her husband Luke expressly forbade her to buy)… Only now Becky and Luke have returned home to London and Luke is furious. Two truckloads of those souvenirs have cluttered up their loft, and the bills for them are outrageous. Luke insists Becky go on a budget. And worse: her beloved best friend Suze has found a new best friend while Becky was away. Becky’s feeling rather blue—when her parents deliver some incredible news. She has a long-lost sister! Becky is thrilled! She’s convinced her sister will be a true soulmate. They’ll go shopping together, have manicures together.…Until she meets Jessica for the first time and gets the shock of her life. Surely Becky Bloomwood’s sister can’t…hate shopping?

Sophie Kinsella is a former financial journalist and the author of the bestselling novels Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Can You Keep a Secret?, and The Undomestic Goddess. She lives in England, where she is at work on her next book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:42 -0400)

Shopaholic Becky Bloomwood returns from her round-the-world honeymoon and shopping spree only to find her credit cards are maxed out and her best friend Suze has replaced her with another best friend. Faced with a tight budget and feeling blue, Becky's luck turns around when she finds out she has a long-lost sister. But can Becky Bloomwood's sister hate shopping?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,117,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible