The Occasional Diamond Thief by Jane Ann…

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is easy to read and a really excellent way to spend a couple of days. As a bonus, one of the things I appreciated most about it was its treatment of linguists and translators, which is difficult to do unless you do your research well. The author's representation of interpreting and translating is surprisingly accurate. The setting is also well built and intriguing.

The only negative is that the characters are sometimes flat and inconsistent; however, the positives of the book make this easy to ignore. I'm not sure I would read another installment dealing with these characters, but I would read something else taking place in this world. ( )
  raistlinsshadow | Mar 21, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had a hard getting into this at first because of the present tense. However, once the story and the action picked up, it was a great YA sci-fi read of political intrigue. The end seemed like it might be open for sequels, and I sure hope that is the case. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Jan 13, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is not a book I would typically read, but I'm glad that I did. I enjoyed the two strong female characters and the relationship between the two. The writing created very vivid and fascinating worlds that were easy to fall into. ( )
  rpultz | Nov 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was an ebook received as part of LT's Early Reviewer program. It's science fiction, YA in tone, with some good diversity and some interesting world building, but it could have been longer to develop some of the plot lines more credibly to go beyond the YA format. ( )
  ronincats | Oct 23, 2015 |
Good book with a strong female heroine. Good character and world development. ( )
  lbmillar | Sep 27, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jane Ann McLachlan's book The Occasional Diamond Thief was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,498,384 books! | Top bar: Always visible