Fantasy Sports by Sam Bosma

Fantasy Sports

by Sam Bosma

In Sam Bosma's debut graphic novel, a young explorer and her musclebound friend go treasure hunting in a mummy's tomb - but if they want to get rich, they're going to have to best the mummy in a game of hoops! Can they trust their bandaged adversary to play by the rules? Or will they be stuck in the tomb forever?… (more)

Odd and goofy, but undeniable energy. I'd pick up No. 2. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
A friend recommended this for me to read. It was a lot of fun! I can't think of another one I read that mixed magic, treasure hunting, and sports before! It does work in a weird way. The artwork was cool too. ( )
  JJbooklvr | Jul 21, 2016 |
Well, this sounded a lot better than it turned out to be. The art is manga-ish but this a Bande dessinée and the art favours the French style even with the touch of manga. So I enjoyed the art. The story starts out well. There's a skeleton character (always a favourite for me). But Mug and his intern Whiz start on a treasure hunt which looks promising until the mummy of the tomb challenges them to a game of 21 Basketball. Then the rest of the book is simply a basketball game, back and forth sports action, which, to sports UNenthusiast me, found utterly boring. The last page is gross, though. I have volume two here so I'm going to read it and see if it gets any better. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jun 18, 2016 |
A beautifully illustrated romp through magical kingdoms, treasure hunters, and the greatest challenge ever, basketball. Wiz, a young explorer/intern, tags along with Mean Mug, a muscular no-nonsense treasure hunter. Together they enter the tomb of a mummy looking for treasure to bring back to work. Once inside they must accept the mummy's challenge or remain with the skeletons in the arena. It's just their luck that the mummy is a huge basketball fan. Do they have a chance? Cute graphic novel that takes virtually no time to read. Great illustrations! ( )
  ecataldi | Sep 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,604,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible