Manwhore +1

by Katy Evans

Series: Manwhore (Evans) (2)

Book #2 in the sexy new Manwhore series from the New York Times bestselling author of REAL. Getting this close to Chicago's hottest player can get a girl burned. Billionaire playboy? Check. Ruthless businessman? Check. Absolutely sinful? Check. Malcolm Saint was an assignment. A job. Any journalist would kill for access to this beautiful, difficult man, but I was the one sent to uncover Chicago's hottest entrepreneur. I intended to reveal him--to learn his thoughts, his secrets, his lifestyle--then complete my assignment and walk away. But my head was overtaken by my heart, and I fell for him--hard. For a time, this wicked playboy was mine. But they say all good things come to an end... How can I prove to the man who trusts no one that I'm worthy of becoming his permanent plus one?… (more)

Crystal423 | Mar 23, 2020 |
In our continuing story of Rachel and Saint, we have Manwhore +1. So we come off from a huge cliffhanger and it just continues off from where it leaves. Saint and Rachel have to build bridges of trust again, but there is no denying how much they love each other. Rachel has hurt the man she loves even if she didn’t mean to or even plan to in the end, but it happened just the same and now she will have to show Saint the depth of her feelings for him, and that he will be her number 1. But Saint is hurt and angry and doesn’t know how to feel when he is around Rachel, but he also knows that he can’t give her up completely.
I hurt this beautiful, ambitious, intelligent, generous, caring man. I used to rest my cheek where I could hear his heart. Now it’s locked behind iron doors and ten-foot walls that I put there.

In Manwhore +1….this story is where we see the truth about real love, and I loved seeing these two being together. The way they have to learn to trust again and what a uneasy road that can be. But we also see that once they resolve their issues, and truly communicate, that everything just slides into place and it was so fantastic to see them come together in the right way. Of course its not a very easy road for them to travel, but you see how truly devoted they are to each other in this one even with all the pain and drama of the past. I truly just wanted MORE from this couple, because this is one of those couples that just stay with you.
“Do you miss me?”
He searches my face.
“Do you think of me sometimes when you don’t want to…do you need me…do you still feel me?” “I feel you everywhere.”
“I can’t breathe when you’re near me, but I can’t live without you.”
He looks at me with his green, sparkling eyes, and I’m gone, gone, totally gone.
He holds my gaze, watching me with violently tender eyes, as if he’s been living for this moment.

They are beyond unforgettable. I was interested to see how Evans would play this book out compared to book one. And it truly satisfied me in every way that was needed. I love how real this book felt, in the emotion it provokes, in the reaction it conveys and the compelling writing that makes you want to sink into the pages and never let go.
God, I’m in so deep. So very deep I’m almost frightened but he makes me reckless enough to want to go even deeper.

There is so many vulnerabilties that we see in these characters, we see the growths and changes, the ups and downs that make them so real they practically burst from the pages in our hearts and our minds and our souls ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
Love this book, for so many reasons. There isn't the usual big thing where the hero needs to save the heroine. They are portrayed as normal people with normal issues and it's a refreshing change that I love. ( )
  Hanneri | Jul 10, 2018 |
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreReview
I loved this one so much more than the first one. Why, you ask?? Because Rachel's friends didn't suck. They weren't very supportive in the first book, and had a hate men mentality, but in this book it was a complete turn around. They called Rachel on her shit, and told her to talk to Malcolm and save some of the trouble and heartache. So... yay awesome friends!!!

I really enjoyed Malcolm and Rachel actually getting to know each other besides how many fireworks they create in bed. It was a process of forgiving and learning from their previous mistakes. They took things slower so that neither of them ended up brokenhearted again. I love when we see the softer sides of Malcolm, and when he shows his protectiveness over Rachel. He's always looking out for her even when his head tells him not to.

I've also realized... I really loathe Malcolm's dad. He's a piece of work, that's for sure.

I loved the social media looking at the very end. Everyone chiming in had me laughing so hard. And I want to know what's going on with Tahoe and Gina. She seems to be talking to him much more than before.

Overall.... Loved this super steamy book. The chemistry is great, and the friendships better than before. I can't wait for Ms. Manwhore!!!! ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
swoooon. That's all I have to say because I'm still swooning over Malcom saint lol ( )
  seyebrows | Dec 30, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,826,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible