The Walking Dead Book 11 by Charlie Adlard

The Walking Dead Book 11 (edition 2015)

by Charlie Adlard, Stefano Gaudiano, Robert Kirkman, Cliff Rathburn (Contributor)

After Alexandria is destroyed by Negan, the remaining communities unite forone last stand against the Saviors. The aftermath to their war leads to thebiggest status quo change in the history of this acclaimed series. Collects The Wa
Member:Toneicya
Title:The Walking Dead Book 11
Authors:Charlie Adlard
Other authors:Stefano Gaudiano, Robert Kirkman, Cliff Rathburn (Contributor)
Info:Image Comics (2015), Hardcover, 296 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:zombies, series

The Walking Dead, Book Eleven by Robert Kirkman

Loved both the closure of one chapter and the start of a new one for all the communities. I'm interested to see how this new villain (?) plays a role with all the communities working together. I was worried the overall story would take on a repetitive feel (beat one bad guy just to take on another) but it was great to finally see them thrive and a new, much larger group move forward to face whoever this new enemy is. ( )
  TrekkieChickReads | Feb 9, 2016 |
  TrekkieChick29 | Oct 27, 2015 |
*Book source ~ Library

From Goodreads:
After Alexandria is destroyed by Negan, the remaining communities unite for one last stand against the Saviors. The aftermath to their war leads to the biggest status quo change in the history of this acclaimed series. Collects THE WALKING DEAD #121-132.

More war and then…Rick’s speech to Negan. And another speech to everyone else. They are awesome. I haven’t always been a big fan of Rick, but now I am. Hopefully he doesn’t let all the praise (not mine obviously, the other survivors) go to his head. The war is ended and in the middle of the book there’s a time jump. I have no idea how long it’s been but I’m going to say at least a couple years considering how old little Hershel is. And Jesus is sporting a man bun. Dafuq?! Ok, I’m not a fan of man buns, but I have to admit that Jesus looks pretty good with one. Man, that was painful to say. Also, there’s a main character missing from the second half of the book. Where is that person?! I must know! Though I do have a possible idea and hope I’m right. Moving on…there’s a new small group of people that have joined Alexandria and I’m not liking them very much. But hold that thought because the ending to this book? O.M.G. Mind.Blown. I need the next book ASAP! ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Oct 23, 2015 |
Book Ten showcased the massive war between Negan and the saviors and this books highlights the after effects. After Alexandria is destroyed, the remaining communities unite for one last stand against the Saviors. They are enraged at how unfair Negan has been fighting (he was infecting all their weapons with walker blood to infect and kill all the wounded) and decide to take him down once and for all. The aftermath of their war leads to the biggest status quo change that we've seen soo far. Shit is on the mend. The only problems are little problems. Too much good may be occurring, I fear what book twelve will bring. This much peace and prosperity cannot last! ( )
  ecataldi | Apr 13, 2015 |
The epic contention with Negan is concluded in a thoroughly satisfying manner, and we see Rick's determination to seize the chance to hold onto and preserve civilization in all its aspects, including the finer, more merciful ones. Then we have a jump forward in time (perhaps a year or two?) to "A New Beginning", in which Rick has led his growing band into creating a group of communities, probably as safe and civil and human as exist on this zombie-infested planet. Rick is revered almost as a savior, a view he is not at all comfortable with. The character that intrigues me the most here is his son Carl, who has been grievously wounded and disfigured in the past, but has matured into a strong and searching young man, who is eager to step out from Rick's protective wings and make his own contributions to his community. And even now, as dangerous as the Dead still are, we see that the true monsters have always been among the living. ( )
  burnit99 | Mar 10, 2015 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kirkman, RobertAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,715,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible