Come Close by Sappho

Come Close (edition 2015)

by Sappho (Author)

'Yes, we did many things, then - all Beautiful ...'Lyrical, powerful poems about love, sexuality, sun-soaked Greece and the gods.Introducing Little Black Classics- 80 books for Penguin's 80th birthday. Little Black Classics celebrate the huge range and diversity of Penguin Classics, with books from around the world and across many centuries. They take us from a balloon ride over Victorian London to a garden of blossom in Japan, from Tierra del Fuego to 16th-century California and the Russian steppe. Here are stories lyrical and savage; poems epic and intimate; essays satirical and inspirational; and ideas that have shaped the lives of millions.… (more)
Member:Sapphisticated
Title:Come Close
Authors:Sappho (Author)
Info:PENGUIN GROUP (2015), 60 pages

Work Information

Come Close by Sappho

Full review to come! ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
This is probably my favorite of the Penguin Little Black Classics so far. It's been far too long since I'd read any Sappho, I'd forgotten just how wonderful her voice is, how beautiful and provocative her poems are. A wonderful rediscovery. ( )
  greeniezona | Dec 6, 2017 |
Incomplete but moving and so eternal in the sentiments expressed ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |

Sapphoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Poochigian, AaronTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,226,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible