Feverborn: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie…

Feverborn: A Fever Novel (edition 2016)

by Karen Marie Moning (Author)

Series: Fever (8)

Member:Cynara
Title:Feverborn: A Fever Novel
Authors:Karen Marie Moning (Author)
Info:Dell (2016), Edition: Reprint, 464 pages
Tags:fantasy, urban fantasy, Dublin, Ireland, fiction

Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning

While this story is part of two series, it's more about MacKayla than Dani aka Jada. It's very disjointed, jumping from different characters points of view, with multiple storylines. MacKayla and her struggle with the book, Dani/Jada coming to terms with being back and how that has affected those around her. Trying ot save the world from the black holes. Christian and Dageus' story, as well as some other stray story snippets about other characters. Also warning Barrons and Mac's sex is pretty violent, may disturb sensitive readers. Was not my favorite in this series.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
There were a few spectacular scenes in this book, reminiscent of the three books before it that I adored, which saved it from being a "nothing" kind of filler book. But generally, Feverborn just didn't fulfil my very very high expectations. A plot was set up and then promptly ignored. Hardly anything actually happened until the last chapter, and even then it was a sort of regression backwards for the series. There were so many different threads in the series that have real potential, but didn't move forward at all. Example- absolutely nothing new on the Kat & Kasteo front. This book needed to be longer & sharper & more focused. So, big disappointment. I'm getting tired of being disappointed by sequels to my favourite series (Kate Daniels, October Daye) especially where they are released as hardback-first with crazy high ebook prices.

But still... the scenes where that old Fever magic shines through... there was one particular scene that was absolutely heart-wrenching. Those scenes were the book's saving grace. ( )
  Sweet_Serenity | Mar 14, 2019 |
I love this series! ( )
  kat_the_bookcat | Feb 7, 2019 |
The first part of this book drove me nuts, because... sheesh, I think Ms. Moning may have jumped the shark there. By the last few chapters, I was enjoying it again. ( )
  decaturmamaof2 | Nov 28, 2018 |
Well I started this book with hope for KMM to get the series back to its amazing goodness, she did not succeed sadly. It still left questions unanswered like the damn black holes….why has this not been addressed properly. GRRRRR. Mac and Barrons are starting to drive me nuts. Having sex but he insists still she’s NOT his girlfriend. God hes infuriating. And please KMM keep Dani out of Mac’s books she’s annoying as all hell. Shes like that annoying little sister that wears your clothes and is full of attitude thinking she knows everything. RANT OVER ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |

Featuring fan favorites MacKayla Lane and Jericho Barrons, the sensational Fever series picks up where Burned leaves off in this highly anticipated new novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:49:18 -0400)

When the immortal race of the Fae destroyed the ancient wall dividing the worlds of Man and Faery, the very fabric of the universe was damaged and now Earth is vanishing bit by bit. Only the long-lost Song of Making -- a haunting, dangerous melody that is the source of all life itself -- can save the planet. But those who seek the mythic Song -- Mac, Barrons, Ryodan and Jada -- must contend with old wounds and new enemies, passions that burn hot and hunger for vengeance that runs deep. The challenges are many: The Keltar at war with nine immortals who've secretly ruled Dublin for eons, Mac and Jada hunted by the masses, the Seelie queen nowhere to be found, and the most powerful Unseelie prince in all creation determined to rule both Fae and Man. Now the task of solving the ancient riddle of the Song of Making falls to a band of deadly warriors divided among -- and within -- themselves. Once a normal city possessing a touch of ancient magic, Dublin is now a treacherously magical city with only a touch of normal. And in those war-torn streets, Mac will come face to face with her most savage enemy yet: herself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,760,159 books! | Top bar: Always visible