The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson

The Bands of Mourning

by Brandon Sanderson

Series: Mistborn (6), Mistborn Adventures (3), Cosmere (13)

English (23)  German (1)  All languages (24)
Another Wax and Wayne book, though this one is almost entirely a Wax book. In this, the third book about these two lawmen, Wax is about to get married when his arch enemies interfere and send Wax off to the suburbs to deal with yet another problem. For those familiar with these books, this picks up right where the previous book left off and if you try to start with this book, you'll find things a bit confusing.
There is a lot more attention paid to Wax's fiance, Steris and her sister, Marasi. The now 4 person team get involved in bigger and bigger conspiracies. These books feel like one of the Sherlock Holmes movies, but set in Sanderson's Cosmere, in the world of the Mistborn. Very much action and character driven, it was a lot of fun and really explored the characters a bit more this time. Great stuff. ( )
  Karlstar | Oct 30, 2018 |
Not sure I like the airships much; it reminds me of how much I hate stories on sailing ships: very limited scope and scenery, which severely limits the characters.

Still, an outstanding ending and great epilogue! ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 7, 2018 |
This has been my favorite of the Mistborn series featuring Wax and Wayne. ( )
  Jillian789 | Apr 16, 2018 |
This has been my favorite of the Mistborn series featuring Wax and Wayne. ( )
  Jillian789 | Apr 16, 2018 |
THAT ENDING THOUGH!

This was such a good instalment into this series! I loved where the plot is going and how things developed, yet it still felt like its own story. Brandon Sanderson just has such a way with words. I can't count how many times I laughed out loud, and giggled to myself while reading this.

Steris was amazing. The character development for her in this book was soooo good. I loved how we got to know her more and she became more than just a cold, boring lady. I also enjoyed Marasi's character development and seeing her come into herself more. I can't wait to see where her story line goes. I liked the introduction of more characters in this novel as well - Allik, MeLaan (gets more fleshed out and really becomes a part of the group). The Malwish plot line is definitely going to be interesting. Can't wait to see where that goes.

I really enjoyed getting to see more of this new world, getting outside of Elendel. It was super interesting and I enjoyed the descriptions of New Seran. I'm excited for the expanded world with the Malwish as well!

I cannot wait for The Lost Metal! ( )
  jdifelice | Jan 20, 2018 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McSweeney, BenIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stewart, IsaacIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ben Olsen

Who keeps putting up with a bunch of crazy writers as friends,

And finds time to make our books better all the while.
"Telsin!" Waxillium hissed as he crept out of the training hut.

When a researcher returns to Elendel with images of a mythical Lord Ruler artifact, believed to grant wearers his power, Waxillium Ladrian conducts an investigation in the southern city of New Seran, where he makes unsettling discoveries about the true goals of The Set.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,819,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible