Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig

Reasons to Stay Alive (original 2015; edition 2015)

by Matt Haig (Author), Matt Haig (Narrator), Canongate Books Ltd (Publisher)

Member:karenpetch
Title:Reasons to Stay Alive
Authors:Matt Haig (Author)
Other authors:Matt Haig (Narrator), Canongate Books Ltd (Publisher)
Info:Canongate Books Ltd (2015)
Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig (2015)

ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2018/09/10/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-august-2018-wrap-up/

Part memoir, part self-help(ish) book, part something else entirely, Matt Haig’s Reasons to Stay Alive seeks to remove the stigma society places on depression, by revealing the author’s own struggles with the disease, as well as peppering the book with facts and statistics on depression and suicide. Super personal and very raw, I see this as a sort of companion to Notes on a Nervous Planet, which is structured in a very similar manner. Warning: this one is not nearly as light-hearted, but equally helpful. ( )
  yrchmonger | Sep 16, 2018 |
an uplifting, insightful, short read that made me feel hopeful and helped me regain control a little. it is also very, very similar to the humans, (the two of them essentially being the fiction / non-fiction versions of the same story) which i ultimately liked better. ( )
  nimbon | Jul 24, 2018 |
I bought this because I follow the author on Twitter and his words are always so inspiring to me. This is a frank, honest, sometimes funny, often inspirational account of dealing with depression and anxiety, and I really needed it right now. If you are a sufferer or care for someone who does, you will find yourself underlining passages and flagging pages to return to later. ( )
  sturlington | Jan 30, 2018 |
Compassionate, kind and heartfelt.

I was really nervous about reading this, I get a bit anxious about talking and thinking myself back into the dark days. I shouldn't have worried Matt Haig handled this so well. I found myself nodding along to so much of this and learning lots about myself - connecting dots that before now I hadn't considered part of the picture.

Have a feeling that I'll need to buy a few of these as I know this is one I'll want to pass on as soon as people mention depression or anxiety. ( )
  boobellina | Jul 12, 2017 |
Compassionate, kind and heartfelt.

boobellina | Jul 12, 2017 |
For Andrea
This book is impossible

Aged 24, Matt Haig's world caved in. He could see no way to go on living. This is the true story of how he came through crisis, triumphed over an illness that almost destroyed him and learned to live again. A moving, funny and joyous exploration of how to live and love better and feel more alive, Reasons to Stay Alive is more than a memoir. It is a book about making the most of your time on earth.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,822,767 books! | Top bar: Always visible