Bulldozer's Big Day (The Bulldozer…

Bulldozer's Big Day (The Bulldozer Books) (edition 2015)

by Candace Fleming (Author), Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

Bulldozer wants to invite all of his coworkers to a party to celebrate his special day, but to them it's just another day for scooping, sifting, stirring, and more.
Member:Yardape
Title:Bulldozer's Big Day (The Bulldozer Books)
Authors:Candace Fleming (Author)
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Atheneum Books for Young Readers (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 40 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:**1/2

Bulldozer's Big Day by Candace Fleming

“Bulldozer’s Big Day” explains the excitement of a birthday. The Pictures are vibrant, making it fun to discover and explore the pages. The characters resemble those out of a Disney Pixar film. ( )
  STerrell | Mar 7, 2018 |
Bulldozer is excited about his big day, and goes to all his friends, who are busy working. He thinks they've all forgotten, but when the whistle blows and the workday ends he realizes they've all been working towards his party. ( )
  Tarawyn | Dec 12, 2017 |
On Bulldozer's birthday he could not wait to invite his friends to his party. But, each time bulldozer asked his friends what day it was they did not respond with "Your birthday Bulldozer." Instead they responded with "It's scooping day," or "It's sifting day," and so on depending on what kind of truck that particular truck does. This makes bulldozer very sad and his blade droop. However, in the end all of Bulldozers friend were building something for his birthday. They did remember. Bulldozer and his friends dig into the cake they had made for him.
The illustrations in this story are informative. Each truck is drawn correctly with the type of work they are explained to do. The illustrations help the reader to see and understand what each truck is doing, Also, the illustrations of Bulldozer's blade drooping more and more helped me as a reader know what the blade is on a Bulldozer. Roman's illustrations once again are vital to the story written. ( )
  sschilling | Sep 27, 2017 |
My 2 1/2 year old grandson loves this book and requests that I read it over and over. I like to read it as well. The pictures of the machines are bright and colorful. The rhythm of the story is so nice with its repeating words. My grandson like to act out those actions. I also think that it's sweet that the bulldozer's feelings are measured by the height of its shovel. This is quite a fun book to share with preschoolers. I recommend it. ( )
  SqueakyChu | Mar 17, 2016 |
2015, picture book,
  Teff1979 | Dec 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,806,780 books! | Top bar: Always visible