Journey to Star Wars: The Force…

Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens:Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo… (original 2015; edition 2015)

by Greg Rucka (Author)

"In this story, set between Star Wars: a New Hope and Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back, Han and Chewie must fly the Millennium Falcon on a top-secret mission for the Rebellion, while evading ruthless bounty hunters and a relentless imperial agent."--Page 4 of cover.
Member:communard
Title:Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens:Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo Adventure (Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
Authors:Greg Rucka (Author)
Info:Disney Lucasfilm Press (2015), 192 pages

Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Smuggler's Run by Greg Rucka (2015)

Okay, but not really memorable or that great. The only amusement was really the guy looking back and talking about himself, while no one got it. Great, silly, predictable lovely trope use of that one, especially given it was published between the movies of the 6-9 set.

Liveplurk below:

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
Omg. Hi, your voice after referring to you as “the old man” foe half that beginning, too.

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
Loooovveee Chewie POV chapter.

Dice shoutout!

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
The Solo voice in this is perfect.
The Leia voice is horrid so far.

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
I super appreciate all the Wookiee sounds. Even more than the Star Wars soundtrack music, it’s super familiar and immersive.

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
There’s more POV’s here than I’m comfortable with.
I know why they are being done, and I even 75% appreciate the other parts they tell, but they are being used too conveniently and too much only to answers questions the main POV chapters will ask before they ask them, instead of making us figure it out with them later, like a guy shot.

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
(And mind you, I say that while Song of Ice & Fire and *Thd Expanse are my favorites forever, and examples of how to truly multiple POV beyond convenience.)

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
Hrm. Part 3 previous to the part three section.

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
"SHUT UP. I'M TRYING TO BE NOBLE."

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
That might be Han in a sentence. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Aug 21, 2021 |
Fun, fast-paced story about how Han and Chewie get pulled further into the Rebellion after "A New Hope." ( )
  octoberdad | Dec 16, 2020 |
This was a great story focusing on Han and Chewbacca's adventures. Set between the events of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Leia sent Han and Chewie (not Han's idea) on a mission to retrieve a friend of the rebellion. Great action packed book. Awesome! ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
This was a cute little story. I like seeing books with Chewie in them. I wouldn't mind reading more books with adventures of just Han and Chewie. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Dec 19, 2019 |
Really delightful; the narrator did an INCREDIBLE job, and has a frankly amazing Harrison Ford impersonation. The plot moved quickly without feeling rushed, and the characters that we know already from the series felt pretty in-character. Han's whole plot re: trust might feel a little heavy-handed, but Star Wars is for kids and this book especially is so that's what you get! Some weird 'hot women' stuff going on, which I guess we could chalk up to a Han characterization thing but it still made me roll my eyes. Still definitely a fun read, and really do stress that the audiobook is GREAT, not too long but enough to pass the time for a big hunk of a mid-sized car trip. ( )
  aijmiller | May 25, 2019 |

Greg Ruckaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Noto, PhilIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,328,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible