Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest & Coloring…

Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest & Coloring Book (2015)

by Johanna Basford

We finally just finished this adult coloring book. So far this is one of my favorites because it contains lots of trees, owls, dragons, animals, and castles. My absolute favorite is the fold out page dragons which are double in size. We used very sharp colored pencils and gel pens...

5***** ( )
  Mischenko | Nov 30, 2017 |
It feels kind of weird adding a coloring book to my "read" shelf but if I don't do it now it will forever remain in my "want to read" and it annoys me even more.
I just finished my first page a couple of days ago and I can't wait to continue. Hopefully I will find the time ^^
The illustrations are just wonderful and I just love all the tiny little details. Let's hope my pencils will last 😁
  YanaKh | Nov 10, 2017 |
These are very intricate designs, and lots of fun- especially with very sharp colored pencils! Be sure you have a good pencil sharpener!

Now, I am not a spontaneous person, nor am I able to do anything like sitting meditation, even though it would be good for me; it just makes me nuts. These sorts of coloring books are a reasonable substitute for the latter, and encourage me to be more spontaneous as well!

The hidden objects are fun to find, and generally I only find them as I work on a page.

The paper is a good quality and I think it'd work with most markers... but it'd be hard to find ones small enough for some of the areas.

I just love this, and her other books! Fun stress relief with just the right amount of challenge! ( )
1 vote cissa | Jan 14, 2016 |
This is an adult coloring book that features forest creatures and plants. There’s also an additional quest to find hidden objects and a maze. The images are printed are printed on thicker paper, on each side of a page, and vary in difficulty and detail.

In short, this is a fantastic coloring book! I love everything about it. First, the images; they are varied in difficulty and subject. Some are single page images that feature a single animal. Some are scenes that span two pages. At the very end, is a most awesome surprise image that spans 4 pages. Also, please note that the book has a book sleeve which is reversible – both sides can be colored in. Additionally, the actual cover of the book is also available to color in. So while there are only 86 pages to this book, there are well over 170 images to color in.

The paper quality is above what I expected. I have been using markers and I have not had a single bleed through yet. Also, I am a bit tough on my coloring books – I bend them and toss them across the bed and shove them in the closet at night. The binding has held through all that. Yes, even when I crack the book wide open to color right near the middle seem. I have not had one single page pop out.

I like the idea of this quest – finding the hidden objects to unlock the castle and the final magnificent 4 page image. Of course, I have already peeked at it. I think that quest angle makes the book reusable for story telling to younger kids. If you’re extra creative, you can make up an enchanted forest tale as your kids hunt through the images for the hidden critters and plants. While this is indeed an adult coloring book, I think older kids who are into details would enjoy it as well. ( )
1 vote DabOfDarkness | Dec 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible