What Santa Can't Do

by Douglas Wood

Other authors: Douglas Cushman (Illustrator)

Although Santa Claus is nearly perfect, he cannot resist a plate of cookies, remember Mrs. Claus's grocery list, or even shave.

What Santa Can't Do is considered a fiction book. This book is written by Douglas Wood and illustrated by Doug Cushman. The main character in this book is Santa. The plot of this story is what Santa can and can't do. The theme of this story is Santa's abilities. The setting of this story is at Santa's house. In this story, we learn of a number of things that Santa is not able to do. While we learn what he can't do, we also learn of things that he can do. So, is there anything that Santa can do that we can't? One of my favorite quotes comes when they are talking about what Santa wears. They tell of what he can and cannot wear while he is in public. Another one of my favorite quotes is at the end when they tell of how we are like Santa. They say, "We may be different, but we have one thing alike. That is we are both read for Christmas. ( )
  jana_selby97 | Sep 28, 2017 |
This book was funny. It included great illustrations and funny remarks like, "Santa can't wear Bermuda shorts." I actually laughed out loud at that one! Overall, a sweet story about the many things Santa can't do, but he especially can't wait for Christmas! ( )
  Kbernard | Jul 18, 2014 |
Fun seasonal book about Santa Claus and all the things he can and can't do. Teaches kids to think about things in a different way and use their imaginations. Who knew Santa couldn't fly in an airplane? ( )
  stevekep32 | Apr 22, 2010 |
genre: fantasy
this book is fantasy because santa is not really real and because it talks about the many things he can not do. He is also an alligator.
the main character in this book is santa and it tells about things that he can not do. ( )
  jphilipsen05 | Apr 2, 2008 |

Douglas Woodprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cushman, DouglasIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,321,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible