Darth Vader and Friends (Star Wars) by…

Darth Vader and Friends (Star Wars) (original 2015; edition 2015)

by Jeffrey Brown (Author)

13219132,031 (3.64)4
Member:danierenae
Title:Darth Vader and Friends (Star Wars)
Authors:Jeffrey Brown (Author)
Info:Chronicle Books (2015), 64 pages
Collections:Favorites, Read but unowned

Darth Vader and Friends by Jeffrey Brown (2015)

This is a cute collection of cartoons based on the characters from Star Wars.
The humor was a bit uneven, but it made for a fast, fun read.
  Yaaresse | Apr 24, 2018 |
Looks like a kids' book, more of a grown ups' book. Humor totally wasted on children who don't get parenting angst. It would be better if my kids had ever seen any Star Wars movie, which they are too young for still. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Am I not in a humorous mood lately? Not sure why I didn't find this one as funny as Darth Vader and Son (etc), but I didn't. Still a good buy for DH's enjoyment though. ( )
  alsvidur | Sep 15, 2017 |
I so love the Darth Vader books by Jeffery Brown. They are absolutely charming, and if you are even slightly familiar with the Star Wars stories, you will get a deep laugh to read about por Darth Vader's troubles as he tries to raise his twin children, Luke and Leia. I read these books to my son while he was in the hospital recovering from a surgery. They are wonderful for people of all ages. ( )
  BrindelStubbs | Jun 11, 2017 |
Got home from Funck's just in time, around 8:30 to read this to the girls before bed. Its a very cute book (more comic book than actual children's book). The girls definitely enjoyed it and laughed quite a bit to it (especially Olivia-Grace whose much more into Star Wars than Lily). A few of the jokes went over their head, but overall they enjoyed it, and I thought it was fun and cute. ( )
  BenKline | Jan 21, 2017 |

Eisner Award winning author Jeffrey Brown offers an intimate look at the friendships between best pals in the Star Wars universe, from Darth Vader and the Emperor to Leia and her Ewok pals, Han and Chewie, C-3PO and R2-D2, the bounty hunters, and other favorite characters. Jealousy, birthday parties, lightsaber battles, sharing, intergalactic rebellion and more all come into play as Brown's charming illustrations and humor irresistibly combine the adventures of our friends in a galaxy far, far away with everyday events closer to home.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jeffrey Brown's book Darth Vader and Friends was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,182,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible