Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

Library of Souls (2015)

by Ransom Riggs

English (90)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (93)
la fine di questa trilogia.un libro pieno di avventura per questi ragazzi speciali. un nuovo inizio per tutti. :) una trilogia davvero bella. consigliatissima ( )
  TheGirin | Sep 19, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this book just like the other two. This time around Jacob and Emma go through a lot to try to save their friends. They meet a lot more stranger people, both friends and foes. Jacob finally learns to control the Hallows (which was pretty freakin' cool!). Happy ending? You betcha! Although Mr. Riggs tried to finish the series with the ending... the next book is supposed to be coming out soon! Looking forward to reading the next one! ( )
  booklover3258 | Sep 15, 2018 |
I overall enjoyed this conclusion to the series, but I wished there had been more done with the connection between our protagonist and his enemies. A lot of stuff is brought up, but I feel like it all gets dropped before the end. Otherwise, a satisfying and appropriate ending. ( )
  duchessjlh | Sep 2, 2018 |
So sad it's over. Love the "peculiar" characters in this series. Really interesting and fun series! ( )
  Catsysta | Aug 5, 2018 |
So,the third installment of Ransom Rigg's trilogy of Miss Peregrine and her Peculiar Children was hands-down the best. Our favourite, wonderful, peculiar children encounter more peculiars, more threats, all leading to a spectacular closure. I won't say much (ever fearful that I will spoil half of the plot...) but the book is an utter roller-coaster. Literally. The action is almost frantic, and perhaps, this is one of the (extremely few) problems of the plot. The new characters introduced are very interesting -peculiar or not- and the new set of photos is exquisite. Also, Miss Peregrine is a real kick-ass heroine in this one (and I really hate this expression, but it is the only suitable for her).

I had only one small nitpicking about the end.It felt too lovey-dovey, too ''they lived happily ever - after, but that is just my taste. No need to pay it attention;)

Ransom Riggs has created a fabulous universe, bleak and hopeful and wonderful in all its peculiarity. I think we are looking at a future classic in the history of the Fantasy and Gothic genre.I mightily enjoyed every page of it.

P.S. I will start the ''Tales of the Peculiars'' soon, because I don't want to abandon the world of the loops and ymbrynes just yet.

P.S. 2 Can we have a book about Sharon's adventures, please? ( )
  AmaliaGavea | Jul 15, 2018 |
The ends of the earth, the depths of
the sea, the darkness of time,
you have chosen all three.

--E. M. Forster
For my mother
The monster stood not a tongue's length away, eyes fixed on our throats, shriveled brain crowded with fantasies of murder.

Peculiardom
is in danger. Will Jacob
and his friends survive?
(passion4reading)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159474758X, Hardcover)

Time is running out for the Peculiar Children. With a dangerous madman on the loose and their beloved Miss Peregrine still in danger, Jacob Portman and Emma Bloom are forced to stage the most daring of rescue missions. They’ll travel through a war-torn landscape, meet new allies, and face greater dangers than ever. . . . Will Jacob come into his own as the hero his fellow Peculiars know him to be? This action-packed adventure features more than 50 all-new Peculiar photographs.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Apr 2015 01:14:55 -0400)

Time is running out for the Peculiar Children. With a dangerous madman on the loose and their beloved Miss Peregrine still in danger, Jacob Portman and Emma Bloom are forced to stage the most daring of rescue missions. They'll travel through a war-torn landscape, meet new allies, and face greater dangers than ever. Will Jacob come into his own as the hero his fellow Peculiars know him to be? (Features more than 50 all-new Peculiar photographs.)… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,985,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible