Their Fractured Light (The Starbound…

Their Fractured Light (The Starbound Trilogy, 3) (edition 2016)

by Amie Kaufman (Author)

3191765,260 (4.13)4
A year ago, Flynn Cormac and Jubilee Chase made the now infamous Avon Broadcast, calling on the galaxy to witness for their planet, and protect them from destruction. Some say Flynn's a madman, others whisper about conspiracies. Nobody knows the truth. A year before that, Tarver Merendsen and Lilac LaRoux were rescued from a terrible shipwreck -- now, they live a public life in front of the cameras, and a secret life away from the world's gaze...Now, in the center of the universe on the planet of Corinth, all four are about to collide with two new players, who will bring the fight against LaRoux Industries to a head. Gideon Marchant is an eighteen-year-old computer hacker.a whiz kid and an urban warrior. He'll climb, abseil and worm his way past the best security measures to pull off onsite hacks that others don't dare touch...Sofia Quinn has a killer smile, and by the time you're done noticing it, she's got you offering up your wallet, your car, and anything else she desires. She holds LaRoux Industries responsible for the mysterious death of her father and is out for revenge at any cost...When a LaRoux Industries security breach interrupts Gideon and Sofia's separate attempts to infiltrate their headquarters, they're forced to work together to escape. Each of them has their own reason for wanting to take down LaRoux Industries, and neither trusts the other. But working together might be the best chance they have to expose the secrets LRI is so desperate to hide.… (more)
Member:tinnass
Title:Their Fractured Light (The Starbound Trilogy, 3)
Authors:Amie Kaufman (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2016), Edition: Reprint, 432 pages

Work Information

Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman

Through the series, the mysterious feel kind of fades and the story becomes more adventure oriented. But it was a good finish to the series and overall a very enjoyable reading. ( )
  MargaretGwen | Apr 23, 2021 |
  MargaretGwen | Apr 23, 2021 |
WOW! What an epic conclusion to an amazing series! I love everything about this book! The writing is really good. The plot is SO intense and gripping. The whole premise is deliciously creepy. The world building is fantabulous. And the characters. Oh. My. Gosh. I love the characters.

Although this book mainly centred around Sofia and Gideon, we still get plenty of Tarver, Lilac, Jubilee and Flynn.
And the fact is, all six of these characters are wonderful! Tarver and Lilac still hold a special place in my heart, but I love them all.

Sofia is great. I liked her from the little bit we saw of her in This Shattered World, and she was just as good in this one. She's strong. She's been through a lot, and she's very vulnerable, but never once does she give up. Never once does she waver. But she also is willing to admit that maybe she was wrong, and try another approach.

And then there's Gideon. I adore Gideon! From the first second he came in, I knew I was going to like him. And I did. I loved him. He's also been through a lot, and he's so, so hurt. And he's done some things that aren't great. But all in all? He's kind. He's good. And I adore him.

I also loved how everything came together in this book. The plot was woven together so perfectly. These authors are geniuses. Pure geniuses.

I think it's safe to say I loved this book! I would highly recommend this series! ( )
  irisssssssss | Jun 17, 2020 |
A good conclusion to the trilogy, bringing everything together in a big crowded finale. Perhaps too crowded, but perhaps it just feels that way to me because Sofia and Gideon are my favourites of the pairings this series had given us; I like their brittle complexities and I like how the hurdles they need to overcome are intrinsic parts of themselves. ( )
  cupiscent | Aug 3, 2019 |
This was a cool series. I like how similar it is to The Illuminae Files, with 3 different couples that all come together to stop the bad guys. The 'others' were interesting, especially on the audio. I liked Gideon and Sophia, both with their baggage and difficult pasts, but both finding each other and finding someone they can trust. The alternating chapters helped break up the story and the dual narrators did a great job of acting out their characters. They were really into the story, which helped put me into the story. I'm kind of sad it's over, but it was a good ending and made me happy. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |

Kaufman, Amieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Spooner, Meaganmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guest, Kim MaiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Josie Spooner and Flic Kaufman, our sisters and very first partners in crime, whose imaginations helped set us on the path of storytelling all those years ago
A ripple.
One: Sofia: The dappled sunlight through the grass is beautiful, though I know it's not real.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,138,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible