The One O'Clock Miracle: A True Story About Trusting the Words of Jesus (Tales That Tell the Truth)

by Alison Mitchell

Children's version of the miracle of Jesus related in John 4:46-54.

This is the third book I have read and reviewed by Catalina Echeverri and the second written by Alison Mitchell. One of the basic reasons I like these books by this team is because of my view of teaching young children, based on my experience as a children's ministry worker. It seems we are seeing children at younger and younger ages willing to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. They are more jaded at younger ages...less receptive to God's truth. For young parents, these books are wonderful for introducing key biblical concepts at an early age.

An example of the simple concepts needed is expressed in A Christmas Promise. God keeps His promises. Many stories in the New and Old Testament illustrate this truth. We all need to be reminded that this is proof of God's loving and just nature. In the book, Alby's Amazing Book, these authors introduce young children to the exciting variety of stories you can find in the Bible. It's only a dry book if we make it a dry book. The One O' Clock Miracle follows this tradition by allowing children to understand that we can trust Jesus' words. The story is based on John 4:46-54. "It is one of seven miracles that John writes about. At the end of his book, John tells us that the miracles are like signposts pointing to Jesus. They show us who Jesus is--that he is the Son of God, and God's promised Rescuer King (the Christ). You can read this in John 20:30-31."

All the comments I have made for the other books by these authors is true for this one. The illustrations are simple and whimsical. The story is told in all its simplicity and earnestness in a way that will delight your children. When the man returns, the children won't be able to miss the joy he feels when his son is healed. Children remember best how a story makes them feel. So the result of a man who trusts in Jesus' words is unforgettable. It is the same way in life when we see God working right in front of us, around us and within us.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary review copy of this book from Cross Focused Reviews (A Service of Cross Focused Media, LLC) on behalf of The Good Book Company. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  Beverlylynnt | Apr 13, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

Children's version of the miracle of Jesus related in John 4:46-54.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,896,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible