dismiss

Wild Cat

by Christine Feehan

Series: Leopard Series (8)

In the new Leopard novel ... passions explode like wildfire when a young woman's feral instincts are ignited by a man who's too dangerous not to desire... A simple request for Siena Arnotto: deliver a gift to her grandfather's friend. One look at Elijah Lospostos, hard-bodied and stripped to the waist, and Siena succumbs to a feline stirring she never felt before, and to Elijah's reckless and pleasurable demands. But when that pulse-throbbing moment ends in the murder of an unexpected intruder, Elijah accuses the shaken and confused Siena of setting him up.Then Siena discovers the truth of her Leopard heritage, of the secrets in her grandfather's inner circle, and the sinister plot of revenge that has put her in jeopardy. When Siena's grandfather is assassinated, she realizes the only man she can trust is Elijah. Now as her Leopard rises from within, Siena and Elijah share not only an animal instinct for survival--but a desire so raw and wild it may be the only thing that can save them.… (more)

Hot an heavy, Siena unwittingly is the instrument of her grandfather's assassinations. Elijah is a complete jerk and treats Siena cruelly, believing she tried to frame him. Sienna comes across as weak, insecure and whiney. She gets better but not until almost 50% into the book. Elijah isn't very likeable either. As with Sienna he gets better but disliking these two made it a struggle to finish the book.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Let's talk about the ending. WTF? It feels so unfinished. Don't we get the happy ending with the babies? So much is left up in the air. It's like the author just suddenly decided she was done and didn't bother to wrap anything up.

The book was very repetitive and the main character, Elijah, was a total jerk. WAAAY to dominant, and didn't want to compromise at all with his mate Siena. He never wanted to listen to her point of view. And the fact that she forgives him for so much, all because the sex is amazing. Gag me!

My least favorite of the series. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
Wild Cat

The Characters:

Elijah Lospostos
Siena Arnotto

The Story:

I tried. I tried so hard but when I thought about it I’ve been “reading” this book since September. It is now November and I am only 50% through the book. Now part of this is because I’m reading a library book and I had to wait a couple of weeks to get it back because it was on hold. However the bigger issue is that I’m constantly being bored by this book. The plot is a good one but it’s taking forever to get to the good stuff. Endless repetition, gratuitous sex scenes keep holding up progress. I want to know Elijah’s story but I just can not at this time. Maybe one day my library will have the audiobook and I’ll have the patience to listen to it but otherwise I am officially giving up. :-(

The Random Thoughts:

***DNF so no rating
  bookjunkie57 | Nov 16, 2016 |
Okay, she's 24 but oh my, so over-protected. I'm also kind of over the whole "alpha male", do as I say and suck my dick when I tell you to. Sure she tries to make it seem like the girl isn't a total submissive, but I may just be getting old and done with it. It almost seems like a "rape" book without it being that subject. I'm not a prude, but skipped almost all the sex scenes because it just didn't do anything for me. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Mar 15, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

"For Tarah, who loves leopards! "
"Siena, bella, come see your old nonno for a minute. "

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,276,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible