Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

I Will: Nine Traits of the Outwardly Focused Christian

by Thom S. Rainer

Could you be the answer to the problems you see? Every day we are faced with the needs of those around us. Emotional. Physical. Spiritual. What are we to do about it? Are these problems for our pastors to address or is there a way for the church member to make an impact that will last? Bestselling author Thom S. Rainer answer these questions by offering nine simple traits that all church members can incorporate into your life no matter your background, stage of life, or sense of capability. You can do it. Now it's time to just stand up and say you will!… (more)

Short, yet impacting read. It offers a different perspective, one which forces you outside of yourself and your wants, in order to focus on being an effective churchgoer.

I recommend it for anyone looking for a deeper church experience. ( )
  crleverette | Oct 5, 2020 |
Writing: 4.5; Theme: 5.0; Content: 5.0; Language: 5.0; Overall: 5.0; Mr. Rainer shares with his readers some wonderful principles on our relationship with Christ's body, the church. He gives nine traits that all Christians should work into their lives in relationship with the church. We should be "I will" Christians (selfless servant attitude). We should not ask what the church can give us, but what we can give to the church. Wonderful. Highly recommend. ***November 7, 2018*** ( )
  jntjesussaves | Nov 8, 2018 |
Stop being so me focused. Stop placing your desires and demands ahead of God's church. Start saying "I Will..." be obedient and worship with others, pray with/for others, minister with others, and be a unifying force in the local church. ( )
  BrannonSG | Apr 4, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,304,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible