A Scoundrel by Moonlight

by Anna Campbell

Series: Sons of Sin (4)

Anything can happen in the moonlight ... Justice. That's all Nell Trim wants--for her sister and for the countless other young women the Marquess of Leath has ruined with his wildly seductive ways. Now she has a bold plan to take him down ... as long as she can resist the scoundrel's temptations herself. From the moment Nell meets James Fairbrother, the air positively sizzles. Yet for all his size and power, there's something amazingly tender in his touch. Could he really be such a depraved rogue? The only way to find out is to beat the devil at his own game ... one tempting kiss at a time.… (more)

3.5 stars

I loved the beginning of this book with our leads' interactions that were at turns hot, smart, and challenging. The middle started to drag for me a bit with, don't crucify me, an overabundance of bedroom scenes. I really enjoy my verbal seduction, I like the bedroom door open but I'm not one to linger. The last half seemed a bit forced with Eleanor flying off the handle and suddenly losing her deductive reasoning and common sense for added angst.
I didn't read the previous books in the series and while this works as a standalone, I think I missed gaining some satisfaction from Leath getting his story; I was a big fan of his seemingly dark, brooding, and arrogant character that melted in Eleanor's presence.
The beginning chemistry between our leads has me thinking I need to read more Anna Campbell books and after getting glimpses of them in this book, I'm immediately adding What a Duke Dares to my tbr. It's the book that precedes this one and while I know I should start at the beginning of the series, I can't help myself, I must see how the duke and Penelope get together. ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
I've been reading this series since the beginning and while I love it and love Anna Campbell, this book was good, but not great and wasn't my favorite of the series. I can see how it moved the series along with the promise of another book. ( )
  amdrane2 | May 2, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,869,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible