Modern romance by Aziz Ansari

Modern romance (edition 2015)

by Aziz Ansari, Eric Klinenberg (Author.)

Member:ryner
Title:Modern romance
Authors:Aziz Ansari
Other authors:Eric Klinenberg (Author.)
Info:New York : Penguin Press, 2015.
Tags:2016, non-fiction, sociology, technology, romance

Modern Romance: An Investigation by Aziz Ansari

English (45)  Piratical (1)  All (46)
Funny and insightful. very different from other comedians books at the moment. ( )
  Kenzer24123 | Mar 25, 2017 |
If you are not familiar with Aziz then check out "Park and Recreations" the great comedy with Amy Poehler. He was on it. He also has a tv show on Netflix called "Master of None" which works together with this book. This book is funny but it is also a serious exploration of dating etc. in the modern age. There was 2 years of research into this book and he really has great insights into the evolution of relationships. Technological change has made dating and choosing a life partner both easier and harder. As many studies show, too much choice is as bad or worse than too little. As someone who is older and missed the online dating scene I found this method a bit disconcerting. Too much non human communication seems to be a problem today. Bottom line is that Aziz Ansari does a good job of giving the big picture. This is a fun and easy read. ( )
  nivramkoorb | Feb 13, 2017 |
Audiobook was SUPER ANNOYING! He editorializes and has a really annoying vocal cadence trying to be funny and totally doesn't pull it off. The content was ok, if you're going to read this one, I highly recommend using your eyes and not ears. ( )
  kate_r_s | Feb 12, 2017 |
I have to admit, when I pick up a book written by a "celebrity" I immediately and skeptically assume there's a ghostwriter. But although Aziz Ansari's co-author and research partner Eric Klinenberg is an NYU sociologist, I'm convinced Ansari actually did much of this very entertaining writing. The two spent two years conducting focus groups, researching and interviewing about individuals' and couples' use of modern and cutting-edge technology with respect to finding, maintaining and ending romantic relationships, and the results are at once unsurprising, intriguing and somewhat worrying. There are a number of laugh-out-loud passages -- recommended! ( )
  ryner | Jan 11, 2017 |
Such a unique way to look at dating culture circa 2012ish. Very Aziz. Interesting, informative, and helpful! ( )
  Karen.Helfrick | Dec 31, 2016 |

Aziz Ansariprimary authorall editionscalculated
Klinenberg, EricAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Oh, shit! Thanks for buying my book. That money is MINE. But I worked really hard on this, and I think you'll enjoy it.

235 wanted2 pay5 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,312,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible