The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium

by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie (Illustrator)

Following the tragic and unjust death of Lucifer, it takes a revelation from Inanna to draw Laura back into the worlds of Gods and Superstardom to try and discover the truth behind a conspiracy to subvert divinity.

English (40)  Swedish (1)  All languages (41)
Spännande och intressant precis som första albumet. Men alltså, det borde vara förbjudet med cliffhangers av den här typen! INTE okej! ( )
  kattriarkatet | Jun 21, 2022 |
The art and colors are seriously superb, pure magic. I continue to love the Morrigan and to an extent Baphomet. While I mostly enjoy my experience reading this story, there's no lasting impact for me that makes me particularly want to return or care too deeply about the characters, probably because I am completely lost on how the magic works, what the characters' motivations are, and what is going on with the plot. ( )
  hissingpotatoes | Dec 28, 2021 |
So, this is the second volume and I’m still a little confused, especially with so many gods but I think I’m getting the hang of it.

Laura is very depressed in this one after Luci’s death and just wants to find out who the murderer is. She gets help from Inanna who seems such a caring and loving god. Finally someone I actually thought I might like.

We also get to know more about Baal and Baphomet. Cassandra’s character takes an unexpected turn but I thought it was badass. Ananke is as mysterious as ever and I didn’t really trust her much and was wondering if she had ulterior motives.

And then the ending happened... 😱😱😱 I mean... are these writers trying to kill us with these cliffhangers... it was just toooooooo shocking and I still can’t wrap my head around it.

The artwork is definitely more gorgeous in this one. There are a couple of panels with Inanna and Urdr that I thought looked wonderful. And the whole middle portion when Laura takes a kind of a drug and ends up at a weekend party is totally full of bright, neon colored graphics that just made my eyes pop... It was completely over the top coloring but I thought it was very cool.

Overall, I enjoyed this enough but I’m still unsure a little to give it a higher rating. But that ending means that I have to start the next volume right away... ( )
  ksahitya1987 | Aug 20, 2021 |
I still feel like I’m waiting for this series to take off, but this was an excellent second collection none the less. We’ve now been introduced to all of the reincarnated pantheon (and an extra methinks) and are starting to get a vague inkling of the central players. Who am I kidding - central playeR singular, since it seems to be Ananke who’s calling all the shots. What keeps me coming back to the story at the moment is not only the draw of who and what the gods/goddesses are actually there for, but the simply stunning artwork. It plays itself off as rather simple most of the time, but certain instances within the storyline break the mold entirely and give the story a more flavourful feel - Dionysus’ rave is a clear example of how successful drawing on the Pantheon’s powers to speak through the artwork can be. The ending of this collection was a touch abrupt (and tragic, since we seemingly lose our human protagonist), but I’m sure all will come to rights in future issues! ( )
  JaimieRiella | Feb 25, 2021 |
Laura is dealing with trauma and grief following the execution of Luci and the apparent injustice of her death. She decides to pull herself out of this torpor by once again striving to uncover the truly guilty party. Leveraging her social media fame, Laura agrees to be a speaker at a Pantheon convention. This work will bring her deeper into the divine inner circle while giving her greater insight into the fans that might have instigated the initial attack on the gods.

Meanwhile, rumors are swirling about the so-called Prometheus gambit. It might be possible to gain a gods power by killing them. This is roundly denied by the Pantheon, but Bahamet begins to think that it might possibly work for gods. He begins hunting is fellows in hopes of eking out a few more years of life.

As Laura continues her investigations and pursuit of her own possible power, the reader begins to suspect Ananke. The caretaker of the gods seems to have her own agenda and is acting suspiciously. The volume concludes with Laura being told by Ananke that she is also a part of the Pantheon and then being immediately killed. ( )
  Juva | Jan 20, 2021 |

Gillen, Kieronprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKelvie, JamieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,944,898 books! | Top bar: Always visible