King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking:…

King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking: Delicious Recipes Using Nutritious… (original 2006; edition 2006)

by King Arthur Flo (Author)

Forget what you know about whole grain baking. Instead, envisionlight, flaky croissants; airy cakes; moist brownies; dreamypiecrusts; and scrumptious cookies -- all made with whole grains.This is what you get in King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking, arevolutionary cookbook that breathes new life into breads, cakes,cookies, pastries, and more by transforming the dark and densealchemy of whole grain baking into lively, flavorful, sweet, andsavory treats of all types. King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking isa book that only the bakers at King Arthur Flour could successfullycomplete, opening up the home baker's repertoire to new flours,new flavors, and new categories of whole grain baked goods. Itspills over with helpful tips, how-to illustrations, sidebars onhistory and lore, and a friendly voice that says to readers, "Comeinto the kitchen with me and let's bake." Thousands of hours werespent testing these recipes, making sure that each one met theirhigh standards. The final result is more than 400 delicious,inviting, and foolproof recipes that have earned a place in KingArthur Flour Whole Grain Baking -- the next generation whole graincookbook. King Arthur Flour is not only the nation's oldest flourcompany , it is the single largest educator of home bakers in theworld. Founded in 1790 and employee-owned since 1996, the companyconducts national baking-class tours that provide free instructionto thousands of bakers across the country, as well as instructionthrough its baking education center in Vermont.… (more)
Member:CM24
Title:King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking: Delicious Recipes Using Nutritious Whole Grains: 0 (King Arthur Flour Cookbooks)
Authors:King Arthur Flo (Author)
Info:W. W. Norton & Company (2006), 544 pages

Work Information

King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking: Delicious Recipes Using Nutritious Whole Grains by King Arthur Flour (2006)

Love this cookbook! After checking it out for 9 weeks at the library, I finally bought a used copy online. This book is great. It's interesting and very helpful when you are trying to do all of your baking from scratch with whole grains.

Not everything I have made has been wonderful, but I'm trying to adapt to an altitude of 8500 feet instead of sea level. I've made tortillas and cookies and breads. I keep revising and improvising on recipes but I feel comforted knowing I have a decent guide to rely on. ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
Oh, yeah, make delicious goodies that are healthier than the white-flour versions! I have made all of the scone recipes in this book, many of the muffins, the basic pizza crust and sandwich bread, and others which I cannot remember. Every single recipe was accurate and needed no adjustments, other than to my specific oven. I highly recommend following this book's suggestion to weigh ingredients rather than measuring by volume: this tip alone has vastly improved all of my baking!
  pelicanmoon | Sep 23, 2017 |
Delicious recipes using nutritious whole grains
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
This is probably pretty obvious but too many of these recipes are not vegan for me to bother. However, the bread section is pretty awesome and has a lot of great recipes to try. ( )
  lemontwist | Oct 3, 2010 |
Just the book I need to help me make great baked goods with our fresh ground flour. We have tried many recipes from this book and enjoyed them all. Lots of tips on using whole grains and the baking process. Some of our favorites are the Multi grain Snickerdoodles, gingerbread, double fudge brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
1 vote nyisutter | Jan 9, 2008 |
This book is about flavor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,810,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible