The Disappearance of Emily H. by Barrie…

The Disappearance of Emily H. (edition 2015)

by Barrie Summy (Author)

Eighth-grader Raine, a new girl at Yielding Middle Schooi, uses her supernatural ability to see other people's memories to solve the disappearance of a teenaged girl.
Member:Ella_reese
Title:The Disappearance of Emily H.
Authors:Barrie Summy (Author)
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2015), 256 pages

Work Information

The Disappearance of Emily H. by Barrie Summy

Attending her fifth new school in yet another new town, after yet another of her mother’s failed relationships, Raine, an eighth-grader, desperately hopes that this school will be her last. Raine possesses a unique gift--she feels and sees sparkles around people that allow her to see their memories. When she discovers that a fellow student named Emily Huvar is missing, and the three cliquey girls at her new school appear to be somehow involved, she becomes obsessed with using her supernatural talent to solve this mystery and find her. Written for tweens, this fun, involving and unusual mystery and story of a girl desiring some sort of normalcy is hard to put down.

Sharyn H. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
Eighth grader Raine has an unusual skill; she can see the "sparkle" given off by the remnant of a memory, scoop it up with her hand, and then relive the memory.
This ability is going to come in very handy when she decides to try to figure out what happened to the girl who used to live in the house Raine now lives in.
As she tries to solve the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Emily Huvar, Raine comes across a number of memories that all point to a variety of suspects.
This was a fast and enjoyable read recommended for reluctant middle school readers. ( )
  JRlibrary | Dec 28, 2015 |
Quite a page turner. I'm surprised that this is not a YA book. It felt more like high school than middle school to me. I guess Nancy Drew was like this when I was a child. I liked the central character a lot. Some of the others were not as fully developed. ( )
  njcur | Jul 21, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,547,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible