Dare to Rock

by Carly Phillips

Series: Dare to Love (5)

He's a Sex and a Rock & Roll superstar who can have anything he wants... Fans adore him, women throw themselves at him, and Grey Kingston can afford everything he couldn't growing up. Yet at the height of his career, he's ready to walk away and return home to a simpler life¿ and the girl he left behind. Once home, he finds Avery Dare, is now a fiery, sexy woman, and she isn't ready to forgive. Still, Grey is determined to rock his way back into her life ¿ and her bed.… (more)

I enjoy reading Carly Phillips. Her stories range from deeply emotional, to comedic masterpieces or coming of age. Dare to Rock has all of the above. Grey has lived every dream he's always wanted but he left behind his most cherished possession his heart. That belongs to Avery. Avery's struggle with lifelong insecurities stem from childhood. In Grey she believed she had found the one person who would put her first and not skip out on her. Looks like she was wrong.
My introduction to the Dare family was with Dare to Love (Ian and Riley) and Dare to Desire (Alex and Madison). Dare to Rock lives up to Carly Phillips legacy of great romance. The Dare to Love series are great stories that touch the heart and show the strength of the human spirit. I received an ARC of Dare to Rock in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Heat rating: 5
What I liked:
This is a great Carly Phillips book-likable characters, a good, solid plot, and an enjoyable read! I haven't read the other books in this series, but it wasn't a problem. I am actually looking forward to going back and reading them now. Avery and Grey are great characters and this is a really unique 2nd chance romance. I'm not sure that I would have been able to forgive Grey but I'm glad Avery could!
What I didn't like:
Overuse of the word "juices". Ewwww. (I know, I'm weird! This probably won't affect your reading at all but it was creeping me out!
HEA: Yes ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
hit all the wrong notes for me
1. H leaves h to seek fame
2. H puts his tab A into every tab B he meets for a decade but it's ok cuz H was thinking of h
3. H comes back and h is all about lets put tab A into slot B

this one pissed me right the heck off

SuzieBookLover | Jun 23, 2018 |
This is a fun and entertaining read. Some romance, some drama, a dollop of family angst and some rock stars make for a good mix. This would make a perfect beach read. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Jun 18, 2018 |
Dare to Rock is the sizzling-hot, seventh addition to the Dare to Love series by Carly Phillips. I’ve always loved Phillips’ books, so when given the opportunity to read Dare to Rock for review I jumped on it. A second-chance romance between Avery Dare and Grey Kingston, Dare to Rock has heartfelt romantic scenes, the insanity of the paparazzi, sexy rock stars, and sexual chemistry that is so intense I thought my Kindle was going to melt. As with all the books in the Dare to Love series, it can be read as a standalone. I would, however, recommend reading the books in order to get a complete feel of the Dare family dynamics.

Avery Dare is a professional vlogger/blogger that shares her knowledge of makeup and fashion with the world via social media. She is a very sweet young woman, and a bit naïve. She still suffers from anxiety from the backlash caused from her father’s scandalous past, which makes her a bit of a recluse aside from her close friends and family. Although it seems like she lives her life in the public eye because of her chosen profession as a vlogger, the reality is that Avery prefers to avoid being the center of attention as much as possible.

Grey Kingston is Avery’s first love and her first heartbreak. He left her behind in his search for fame and fortune. Determined to prove his father wrong, Grey sets out to achieve success with his music as a rock star. Contrary to Avery’s beliefs that Grey completely forgot about her, she has never been far from his thoughts. Grey comes back hoping that Avery will give him another chance. He has to overcome Avery’s reluctance of being in the lime light along with her misgivings of trusting him with her heart again. It is immediately clear that the chemistry between the two is still there when they meet again. Grey is not above using the attraction that sparks between them to lure Avery back to him.

Dare to Rock by Carly Phillips is a titillating rock star romance. Jam-packed with gorgeous and engaging characters, family drama, paparazzi, stalkers, and scandals Dare to Rock is a book that is hard to put down once you start it. It is a fun romantic read with a little suspense thrown in that keeps the story moving at a fast pace. I love the Dare family and I can’t wait to read the next book. I’m kind of hoping it will be Tyler’s story. If you have not read the Dare to Love series yet, I highly recommend you do. ( )
  azprettygrl | Aug 4, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,175,727 books! | Top bar: Always visible