Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner

Who Do You Love

by Jennifer Weiner

It wasn't bad. But it is not my favorite Weiner novel. ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
Excellent, excellent read. Although I enjoy (most of) Weiner's books, most of all her first - Good in Bed - I don't expect a lot. I expect light reading, humor a bonus.
This is the story of a man and a woman over the years. They meet as children, in the hospital. She has a heart condition, is the child of almost-wealthy parents. He has a broken arm, is biracial & the only child of a single mother. They have a love that few people ever experience, a love most people can only dream of. Just an excellent excellent story, and an exceptional job by any author. I will definitely start watching for Weiner's next books more than I have been. ( )
  JeanetteSkwor | Feb 7, 2019 |
I have had this book for a while on my kindle and after reading several reviews, decided it was time to read it, in fact, it was past time. I am so glad I did as I really enjoyed this book.The relationships in this story were far more complex than I was expecting, although I don't know why I didn't expect it as that is one of the things that Jennifer Weiner does so well. The story is told alternately by both Rachel Blum and Andy Landis, the two main characters. It takes place over 30 years, from the time they met at age 8 until the end when they are in their late thirties. They are soulmates, although they never really say that. They meet over and over throughout their lives and share their heartfelt feelings, love and disappointments. Rachel is the privileged daughter of a well to do couple in Florida. Due to her heart condition and medical issues when she was younger, she is somewhat spoiled, but also refreshing. Andy and Rachel meet in the emergency room at the hospital when he has broken his arm and nobody can find his mother. He lives in Philadelphia and is being raised by a single mother after his father died in Germany. When they meet again as teenagers, the connection is palpable, but geography keeps them apart until they are in college. Their relationship has its ups and downs as they continue to meet, separate and meet again. This was an enjoyable read and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a dramatic romance and real life story. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
And there are also such books of long train ride after a very tiring day. A delightful novel, pleasant to read and nothing more. So I give it two stars for having succeeded in his work and another star for the story and the last half star because I'm really in a good mood right now. ( )
  Denizhorowits | Jan 14, 2019 |
I really liked the two main characters in this novel - warts and all. Weiner did a great job with characterization, and adding fully developed dimensions. ( )
  decaturmamaof2 | Nov 28, 2018 |
I married Isis on the fifth of May
But I could not hold on to her very long
So I cut off my hair and I rode straight away
For the wild unknown country where I could not go wrong.
--BOB DYLAN, "ISIS"
For Bill
Rachel?" I don't answer.

"From the "hilarious, heartbreaking, and insightful" (The Miami Herald) bestselling author Jennifer Weiner comes a sweeping, modern day fairy tale about first romance and lasting love. When the love you love is the one who got away... Rachel Blum and Andy Landis are just eight years old when they meet late one night in an ER waiting room. Born with a congenital heart defect, Rachel is a veteran of hospitals, and she's intrigued by the boy who shows up all alone with a broken arm. He tells her his name. She tells him a story. After Andy's taken back to a doctor and Rachel's sent back to her bed, they think they'll never see each other again. Rachel grows up wanting for nothing in a fancy Florida suburb, the popular and protected daughter of two doting parents. Andy grows up poor in Philadelphia with a single mom and a rare talent that will let him become one of the best runners of his generation. Over the next three decades, their paths cross in magical and ordinary ways. They make grand plans and dream big dreams as they grow together and apart in starts and stops. Through it all, Andy and Rachel never stop thinking about that night in the hospital waiting room all of those years ago, a chance encounter that changed the course of both of their lives. In this captivating, often witty tale about the bonds between women and men, love and fate, and the truth about happy endings, Jennifer Weiner delivers two of her most memorable characters and a love story you'll never forget"--… (more)

Jennifer Weiner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,792,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible